Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The wave function

Default The wave function

Everything is now and You are here !

That only leaves one other option if it were not true. You are not here and everything is not now, meaning you are dead !

The super position of all states then would be, you are dead, as all possibilites are probable given infinite time but you don't have infinite time. So given that the future exists NOW, you are dead more often than not. All possibilites existing now is the wave function. Imagine waves rippling in a spherical pond from a central point. Collapsing the sphere to that point eliminates the ripples such that all you're left with is the particle and the medium.

Collapsing the wave function then gives us the state of realness in the physical sense, self awareness, consciousness a state of aliveness, YOU. Something that is, that can be quantified and understood. The medium is the multi dimensional universi, the multiverse.

The multiverse and our particular universe are in motion ie change of state/position over time. The movement then causes the particle to propagate ripples again. All this takes place superluminally. We only observe the effects through sensory perception and ascribe meaning to the effects we experience.

Choosing collapses the infinite possibilites of the wave function to one. In collapsing, the wave affect other waves inducing them to collapse or combine to form bigger waves. The particles need not move except to flicker between one state of being in the multiverse to a single state in a single universe, meaning nothing moves only the background changes shape.

Thoughts/questions/answers ?

Well, that gave me deja vu.

^How so ?

Deja vu could be a memory of a future happening in another universe that may have already happened based on a choice made previously and run it's course.

I read it and thought I've read this here before, and then thought, what happens next is people respond and pull apart your spurious logic in a semi-irritated fashion.

But thats probably the fractal-conditioning talking.

In the process of pulling it apart they would have to research what i wrote and find out it's not that far from the 'truth'. Yeah sure i could link it up to all sorts of things and substantiate it to the nines, even compare it to the hauntological notion of things not being there, spectral realms and time out of joint but I dont like being spoonfed so i tend not to do it to others. The fun is in the journey, the discovery and the discussions we have with fellow travellers.

Quote Originally Posted by bleep View Post
    I read it and thought I've read this here before, and then thought, what happens next is people respond and pull apart your spurious logic in a semi-irritated fashion.
    Hahahaha

Though he's correct in that we are dead more often than we are not, though whether you can properly attach the property of selfhood to something which is inherently without is another matter...
    Last edited by gek-opel; 24-10-2006 at 09:38 PM.

No, I'm with you, don't get me wrong. Ever since having a white-out I haven't looked at reality the same way.

I'm not so much into constructing mathematical models for it all. I prefer the ambiguity of prose in that it alludes to the mysterious aspects of the mystery.

A circle will never be perfectly round,
    because pi is god's little idea of a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by gek-opel View Post
    though whether you can properly attach the property of selfhood to something which is inherently without is another matter...
    cast pebbles
    empty handed
    collect ripples
    that is the nature of self

don't disturb the fish

If you believe the conscious element which inhabits the 4d space transcends the multiverse then the property of self lies outside the brain. Next time you see a ghost ask it if it thinks it is who it was or who it thinks it is.

The big question is always who are YOU.

The last time I saw a ghost it was the shadow of self speaking through the unconscious.

I am between what always was and has never been.

I like that, I might just nick it

Collapsing the wave function with consciousness means reality is just a consensus opinion.

Ever since having a white-out I haven't looked at reality the same way.
    What's that? Is it like a whitey?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whitey

Quote Originally Posted by noel emits View Post
    What's that?
    When existence dissolves to a white light/field of energy.

Cool!

When existence dissolves to a white light/field of energy.
    Did you get the big booming voice talking in your head as well ?

Imagine if everybody experienced a whiteout at the same time. Dont you think the consensus opinion of reality would change ?

Back to the wave function though. If you close your eyes there is only the blackness. Nothing exists in the way you percieve. Everything is reduced to being OFF ie in another state of the multiverse, dead. Imagine objects merely being vibrations of fundamental particles having no discernable shape, form or substance. The matrix vision of neo. All possibilites existing just needing recombining and interpreting.

Open your eyes and the wave function collapses. Everything takes the form your consciousness projects onto the 4d reality. Things take shape and have substance according to what we percieve through conditioning and experience.

What would be cool then is to rather than collapse the wave, blow it up. Everything is ON. The wave becomes a standing one. Time becomes meaningless. We see beyond the 4d veil and control the shape of the background rather that it controlling us.

Found this on line and though it quite apt.

There was once a man who said ‘God
    Must think it exceedingly odd
    If he finds that this tree
    Continues to be
    When there’s no one about in the quad.’

And the reply:

Dear Sir, Your astonishment’s odd:
    I am always about in the quad.
    And that’s why the tree
    Will continue to be,
    Since observed by Yours faithfully, God.