Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: the aphex twin destroyed my brain

OMFG

ken told me he actually woke up and found this track completed with no memory of having made it all

ok one more of this spine-tingling insanity

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Useful Post:

one ONE LAST ONE

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Useful Post:

ok, one more, from spanners this time. judge for yourself - but for me always a personal highlight.

"the purpose of communication is understanding"

100% behind this luka-style Mattbot Black Dog drop.

the early EPs really do have a unique brand of magic. maybe the only dudes to match Detroit in machine funk, and without being imitators (influenced of course).

in my head I probably slot them closer to LFO or even Altern 8/Nexus 21 than like, B12 or whatever, tho ofc I say that as a person who wasn't there at the time.

I particularly like the turn of the 90s cyberpunk vibes, explicitly referenced on Techno Playtime EP but present throughout - imagining the future is such a cyberpunk line.

early Aphex - SAW I thru Didgeridoo - has the magic too but different, provincial weirdo's singular take on acid or idk. Gone for me by SAW II, predictably have argued so w/Droid before.
    Last edited by padraig (u.s.); Yesterday at 07:50 PM.

incidentally speaking of LFO this has always been maybe my favorite house is a feeling thing, RIP Mark Bell.

also that track where they looped up the ultimate Chicago diva Liz Torres.

granted it don't hold a candle to the original but not much does. still big points for taste.

and one more thing, a recentish release of early 90s pioneering Estonian (yes) techno that has to me that same kind of timeless imagine the future vibe

11. The Following User Says Thank You to padraig (u.s.) For This Useful Post:

Luke Vibert was part of this Cornish axis. Cruelly overlooked. One summer, 21 years ago, I had the drum'n'bass for papa LP on repeat while struggling to make homebrew DMT, an internet recipe using phalaris arundinacea, drain cleaner and petrol.

Last edited by HMGovt; Yesterday at 08:03 PM.

I ADMIT I DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BLACK DOGS, NOT MY ERA, BUT SEEING MATT ACT LIKE THIS IS FILLING ME WITH JOY AND MAKES ME SUPPORT EVERY BLACK DOGS IN THE WORLD IMPLICITLY