version

Thats well put - it’s the long 90s, realising the dream. Analaord was beautiful beautiful stuff and also quite a conscious retro turn. And yes it does grate when repeatedly pitched as futuristic dance music, although there is a lot that’s still strange and jarring in there , much can seem quaint too, but I go back every time for the beauty snd haunting melodies, not many people come close

He has a voice the way we were discussing writers having one in 'The Prose Stylist'. You wouldn't knock a singer for sounding like themselves on each record.

version

He has a voice the way we were discussing writers having one in 'The Prose Stylist'. You wouldn't knock a singer for sounding like themselves on each record.

There's more room to experiment and try on other voices with music and writing than there is singing, but I think everyone has their idiosyncrasies and you can't completely shed them. You can try new techniques and gear, but anything you take on will be filtered through the same tics and experiences and whatever else that make up the person.

version

Yeah I regret logging on today tbh
9bafe5.jpg

wektor

had no idea he put out this grime comp on rephlex at some point
interesting how some tunes sound way closer to basic rhythm type of techstep with short-gated breaks (or no breaks at all)
some definitely do not strike me as much as a randomly picked eskibeat

wektor

'weirdcore' has made videos for edmund. edmund says 'weirdcore' is a stupid nerd.
I think weirdcore is a sound lad after speaking to him briefly at iklectik last year or whenever it was. edmund can be highly (at times perhaps unnecessarily) critical of people, that's what I'm trying to escape by moving out of London in time - the bitterness.
Imagine what would've happened if woops moved to Paris 20 years ago. He would be sweet and tender and a prolific orator of french drill.

wektor

had no idea he put out this grime comp on rephlex at some point
interesting how some tunes sound way closer to basic rhythm type of techstep with short-gated breaks (or no breaks at all)
some definitely do not strike me as much as a randomly picked eskibeat
skpping further, most of this comp actually is easy to omit without losing much value
I can see why aphex liked these and it also relates to why I am not so much of a fan of lots of aphex works

luka

I think weirdcore is a sound lad after speaking to him briefly at iklectik last year or whenever it was. edmund can be highly (at times perhaps unnecessarily) critical of people, that's what I'm trying to escape by moving out of London in time - the bitterness.
Imagine what would've happened if woops moved to Paris 20 years ago. He would be sweet and tender and a prolific orator of french drill.
tha'ts a very good point actually. bitterness can be very, very entertaining but it is also corrosive.

luka

we're all bitter cos we all feel, rightly or wrongly, completely blocked, trapped, unable to do anything. forced to be paste. maybe cos we are defeatist and lack courage and initative, or maybe cos we are blocked, supressed, trapped. im not really sure.

luka

obviously the bitterness feeds into the drinking and the drinking feeds into the bitterness. no one is going to feel bright eyed and bushy tailed with a 12 year compacted hangover.

luka

and we do enjoy our bitterness. we enjoy performing our bitterness. we're suspicious of people who arent bitter, like, whats so good about your life?