Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Grumpy-Cat.jpg

luka

it's typical of craner to conflate a spiritual pathway and deeply sincerely held belliefs, true creativity, crafsmanship, passion, pain and art with mental illness. before you judge maybe you should take time to discover yourself. There is a world within waiting to welcome you.

luka

you could have done with a few more drugs in your life, maybe you wouldnt have found yourself in bootcut jeans, blazers and brown shoes in your 20s lool

craner

Beast of Burden
The neo-Robert Evans was a stylistic peak of the decade, wasn't my fault no one else knew about it. I give it a few more years before you realise how far ahead of the curve I was. American Hustle was a sign.

craner

Beast of Burden
Anyway, it was an improvement on the paint-splattered tracksuits you were sporting at the same time.

luka

i was a painter and decorator... you were dressing like a Top Gear presenter. I have just drawn a picture of Sammy Davis Jnr and Usher doing a duet, and dedicated it to you

craner

Beast of Burden
We must have looked like an odd couple, a regular Felix and Oscar. If you hadn't been spending all your money on brain-damaging skunk you could've afforded the designer skinny jeans you are so fond of now and are still fashionable ten years on. If I hadn't been spending all mine on Bulgarian wine and French fags, I could've afforded the silky flairs and flash-collared shirts I so desired.

CrowleyHead

You mean mediocre.

It's fine, but he's done everything on the album before two decades ago. Nobody needed a refresher course in "We Love Aphex".

rubberdingyrapids

the brief snippets on amazon (which sound like theyre 128kbps) make me think this might be his most 80s sounding album, very electro sounding. which is odd as i was expecting it to sound very 90s. lots of breakbeats, which i would rather do without as it is a bit dated and i foolishly was hoping afx was coming back to put the newer semi-idm kids on warp in their place, but its good to have a new record by him isnt it? circlont6a makes me think of prince. was thinking this would be like analord but the mood is WAY more varied than that, and yes, very funky. quite surprising. the reviews made it sound like its just something he could do in his sleep. it seems better than that. (granted, im only listening to snippets that are prob about a minute long).

Numbers

It's fine. Nothing spectacular. I get the feeling it overcompensates on the technical side (production, etc.) to mask its lack of inspiration on the more emotional side (lack of punctum, or whatchacallit). But what do I know.