Woebot

the black dog were the musical wing of the KLF. it never went deeper in the nineties. ever.

this is 100% channelled music.

they were literally the only thing that could hold a candle to hardcore - in fact they burned hardcore crispy too. fabio CANED virtual. absolutely rinsed it.

and THEY WERE COMPLETELY ALONE. i mean, NO-ONE WAS MAKING THIS KIND OF MUSIC. they were isolated on all fronts. most of the white techno bobbins dudes *did not get it*. the only people who got it in the early days were carl craig - and to his eternal credit kirk de giorgio

i mean, i don't relish having to take this tone, but *really*...... i mean, if you care to actually take some time to listen you may understand what i'm talking about. maybe you won't? :love:

Woebot

OMFG

ken told me he actually woke up and found this track completed with no memory of having made it all

Woebot

ok, one more, from spanners this time. judge for yourself - but for me always a personal highlight.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
100% behind this luka-style Mattbot Black Dog drop.

the early EPs really do have a unique brand of magic. maybe the only dudes to match Detroit in machine funk, and without being imitators (influenced of course).

in my head I probably slot them closer to LFO or even Altern 8/Nexus 21 than like, B12 or whatever, tho ofc I say that as a person who wasn't there at the time.

I particularly like the turn of the 90s cyberpunk vibes, explicitly referenced on Techno Playtime EP but present throughout - imagining the future is such a cyberpunk line.

early Aphex - SAW I thru Didgeridoo - has the magic too but different, provincial weirdo's singular take on acid or idk. Gone for me by SAW II, predictably have argued so w/Droid before.

Last edited: