Tinnitus?

massrock

just relax, dont worry about it.
Oh my hearing is still very good, remarkably. I think I'm lucky, must try and be careful in future though. I love standing by speakers but I do get pissed off now when venues have shitty systems up too loud or EQ'd badly. It's really cuntish abusing people's ears like that.

Leo

A music-lover's guide to tinnitus

https://www.residentadvisor.net/features/2985

the ringing or "hum" is more noticeable to me recently. i don't go to clubs or see bands play much anymore but do listen to music on my iPhone headphones all the time, so that could be it. can still hear ok but finding it a bit more difficult to catch all of a conversation when in a bar or restaurant with lots of competing background noise. i guess i should just resign myself to being an old geezer.

firefinga

It's a miracle I don't have tinnitus, really. I went to very loud clubs for a long time. Nowadays in my mid30s I haven't been to clubs or concerts for a couple of years now. @I-Phone. I don't have one so I don't know bout the headphones of it but I had an i-Pod for a while and back then I thought the headphones of them were very good, but that was misleading, they were just quite loud. I bought a sony digital walkman two years ago and the headphones of it are so much better, sound quality wise, they also kill much of the surrounding noise though they are just in-ear ones.

Leo

i didn't mean the iPhone headphones per se, in fact i use a mid-priced pair of sennheiser in-ear buds (regular iPhone headphones always fall out of my big ears). I just mean headphones in general, which I probably crank louder than they need to be.

firefinga

Alright, Leo. On the other hand you are a music-veteran meaning youre even older than the regular Dissensian ;) meaning, when you get older you'd naturally have a decline regarding hearing certain frequencies.

Leo

Alright, Leo. On the other hand you are a music-veteran meaning youre even older than the regular Dissensian ;) meaning, when you get older you'd naturally have a decline regarding hearing certain frequencies.

true dat. and i saw years of loud live bands before realizing how great ear plugs are, should have started using them much earlier but hey, you're wild/crazy/carefree/stupid in your 20s!