I found book about old magick and here is some occult pictures

mms

sometimes
jesus christ this thread is red hot glowing with superior enlightenment .

Last edited:

jenks

thread death
haha yeah no shit

took my 17-year old brain a long time to accept (i am 20 now)

dig me?

hilarious to watch ignorant replies too

as casteneda says

'whatever we do, we can never halt our inevitable encounter with infinity'

haha ;)

and what is the point you are making?
and what are you suggesting about culture?
would you rather a life without it?

your twenty year old brain seems pretty certain it has all the ideas - that worries me and hardly seems enlightening

btw the pictures do nothing for me

john eden

male pale and stale
your twenty year old brain seems pretty certain it has all the ideas - that worries me and hardly seems enlightening

I was pretty sure I was enlightened when I was 20.

Unfortunately I have been ignorantly tumbling downhill ever since, which is a great shame.

:D

jenks

thread death
Tumblin into ignorance - very Blakean, i like it!

I suppose what got me riled is that if i had come on here and claimed that Catholicism had enlightened me I'd have been battered by all and sundry quoting Dawkins, Grayling and KPunk.

However, someone can superciliously claim to have all the world's knowledge and quote 'zen masters' and fucking Castenada as if he were unvioble, yet actually say little.

It all sounds like so much stoner talk. I'm not getting at Child of the Blogo - I'd like to know what he means when he says 'what are you looking for in all this culture'.

Let's have a discussion, like, y'know, erm...:D

P

Parson

its every young person's right to believe they are enlightened when they are that age

they grow out of it usually once reality sets in

DJ PIMP

Reality used to be a friend of mine. Now I'm not so sure, I'd like to think we're more casual acquaintances.

Zen masters smirk?

rob_giri

my notion is that i find a interesting link between the culture nerds constant search for that perfect record or that perfect book and INDEED that all-encompassing french philosopher with the traditional 'search for truth' that has for the entire of human history inevitably led one to, as they say, 'seek God' (in large inverted commas)

It is quite simple really - what makes one passionately supportive of certain cultural figures - usually the fact that they spoke and walked a certain truth and showed the highest of intellectual, creative and philosophical truth.

I had a series of experiences which made me unable to continue the now monotonous drab search for records and books when i realised there was some fundamental essence or truth that i was searching for, and that i would eventually have to transcend the search and go about it myself. My interest then went to anthropology and comparitive religion and the philosophy of science. Eventually, as one does, i discovered that the stuff talked about in all the major esoteric traditions was exaclty the same. Then, i began a series of experiments whereby i would hypothetically take one teaching as truth and then see how it faced up to every other major tradition AND, most importantly, everything that i had ever experienced in my time on earth - yes this included drug experiences, dreams, and the layers and layers of everyday perception.

Eventually one begins to understand that there really is only one Reality - and it is the same reality that is and was inhabited and experienced by ancient Himalayan yogis, Amazonian curunderos, Sufi shaikhs, Taoist masters, European philosophers, modern-day scientists, 60s avante-garde filmmakers and Japanese Free-Improv musicians... (and everybody else too)

All these people experienced similiar and mostly identical things and projected there own cultural symbols on them. Strip away the STYLE, the SYMBOLS and what do you have?

I could go on, but after reading and experiencing all this stuff, one begins to understand past the veil of style, all you have is God/Ishwara/Allah/Great Spirit/Wu Chi/Tao as imaginative cultural symbols and metaphors to explain the whole universe as a singular consciousness, and as an energetic and holographic source of emanation from where all sub-atomic particles are created and will return....

..dig?

rob_giri

my notion is that i find a interesting link between the culture nerds constant search for that perfect record or that perfect book and INDEED that all-encompassing french philosopher with the traditional 'search for truth' that has for the entire of human history inevitably led one to, as they say, 'seek God' (in large inverted commas)

It is quite simple really - what makes one passionately supportive of certain cultural figures - usually the fact that they spoke and walked a certain truth and showed the highest of intellectual, creative and philosophical truth.

I had a series of experiences which made me unable to continue the now monotonous drab search for records and books when i realised there was some fundamental essence or truth that i was searching for, and that i would eventually have to transcend the search and go about it myself. My interest then went to anthropology and comparitive religion and the philosophy of science. Eventually, as one does, i discovered that the stuff talked about in all the major esoteric traditions was exaclty the same. Then, i began a series of experiments whereby i would hypothetically take one teaching as truth and then see how it faced up to every other major tradition AND, most importantly, everything that i had ever experienced in my time on earth - yes this included drug experiences, dreams, and the layers and layers of everyday perception.

Eventually one begins to understand that there really is only one Reality - and it is the same reality that is and was inhabited and experienced by ancient Himalayan yogis, Amazonian curunderos, Sufi shaikhs, Taoist masters, European philosophers, modern-day scientists, 60s avante-garde filmmakers and Japanese Free-Improv musicians... (and everybody else too)

All these people experienced similiar and mostly identical things and projected there own cultural symbols on them. Strip away the STYLE, the SYMBOLS and what do you have?

I could go on, but after reading and experiencing all this stuff, one begins to understand past the veil of style, all you have is God/Ishwara/Allah/Great Spirit/Wu Chi/Tao as imaginative cultural symbols and metaphors to explain the whole universe as a singular consciousness, and as an energetic and holographic source of emanation from where all sub-atomic particles are created and will return....

..dig?

remember - you are not required to respond - it is a common trait of the egoic human being to violently defend itself. You can say what you want but you will most likely not dissuade me from my truth. I do not BELIEVE in anything - because Belief is the tomb of truth. I only care about what i know and, most likely, though i am 100% open for my system of knowledge to crumble in order for one closer to an ultimate reality to be created, no amount of violent spurts of analytical, arrogant intellectual semen will shatter my reality because i have heard it all before from my own mind!. In other words - this is ONLY open for discussion! Then again - prove me wrong! ;)

DJ PIMP

The ancients are said to have been so sensitive that they would not light their lamps at night for fear of misguiding moths.

When did you penetrate the mind of god?

dHarry

after reading and experiencing all this stuff, one begins to understand past the veil of style, all you have is God/Ishwara/Allah/Great Spirit/Wu Chi/Tao as imaginative cultural symbols and metaphors to explain the whole universe as a singular consciousness, and as an energetic and holographic source of emanation from where all sub-atomic particles are created and will return....

..dig?

Why/how/what "singular consciousness"?

Is that "holographic" as in the holographic theory of quantum gravity?

Just curious.

P

Parson

Reality used to be a friend of mine. Now I'm not so sure, I'd like to think we're more casual acquaintances.

Zen masters smirk?

more like
792.jpg
smirk

rob_giri

CoB:

yeah fine but what do you do all day??

honest...

interestingly enough this reminds me of stories of modern-day scientists ignoring potentially incredible discoveries because of the fear they have of it proving some aspect of reality that they cannot handle or accept. In other words - i could prove some intense truth to someone but at the end of the day - how is it going to effect their everyday reality and do they want it to change? Humans...hmmmm....

What does one do when they realise that the 'great mystery' is not so mysterious after all, and that now they have found the truth what do they do? Do you want to stick to your truth, or do you want to lie to yourselves out of fear?

Funnily enough the answer is this: Once you have found a truth, you spend the rest of your time unifying and aligning your schizoid mind with it - because once you have tasted it, you cannot go back no matter how hard you try. Any element of your being on a mental, emotional or spiritual (or bla blah) level that is misaligned with it - is now outdated. An outdated program in one's consciousness (or bio-computer) is what is referred to as a 'demon' - the 'minions' of the schizoid nature of mind that we call Satan in the Christian tradition, or 'Maya' in the Hindu tradition or the 'trickster' achetype...

When you find a truth, you walk in it every day. No more screwing around, this is IT. But you don't HAVE to do anything - but you CAN do anything! For the most part human beings do such things as attach themselves to a way of living that for them symbolizes or projects some form of purity by which their illusion-of-self can be stroked and petted... These paths are for the most part an illusion.

So, if you are a vegetarian - go treat yourself to a Big Mac every now and then - observe the mental programming that pops up and struggles to accept it. haha :)

me? I walk around, unify my consciousness, make music, read books... the journey is the destination - be here now!

;)

rob_giri

Why/how/what "singular consciousness"?

Is that "holographic" as in the holographic theory of quantum gravity?

Just curious.

well - yeah...

In your body there is trillions of subatomic particles and cells, there are bones, blood, lymph etc and a series of vital organs. There are infinite thoughts and feelings, memories and incites and all the other elements that make you. Yet - there is One you - isn't there?

There is a singular consciousness that is you. The same can be posited with a crowd of people, a forest eco-system, the earth, a galaxy and the entire Cosmos as a singular consciousness. At the highest level there is pure consciousness - this is God

;)

john eden

male pale and stale
honest...

interestingly enough this reminds me of stories of modern-day scientists ignoring potentially incredible discoveries because of the fear they have of it proving some aspect of reality that they cannot handle or accept. In other words - i could prove some intense truth to someone but at the end of the day - how is it going to effect their everyday reality and do they want it to change? Humans...hmmmm....

Which scientists would those be, then?

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
after reading and experiencing all this stuff, one begins to understand past the veil of style, all you have is God/Ishwara/Allah/Great Spirit/Wu Chi/Tao as imaginative cultural symbols and metaphors to explain the whole universe as a singular consciousness, and as an energetic and holographic source of emanation from where all sub-atomic particles are created and will return....
I think it's a mistake to conflate all these really very different cultural and spiritual concepts (or if you'r that way inclined entities) into just one.

Unless you're taliking about the trend to monotheism that occurred across many cultures as urbanisation intensified around the Mediterranean basin from around 500 bc onwards, in which case, you would probably have expressed your argument differently.

rob_giri

Which scientists would those be, then?

Michael Talbot talks about his experiences with destructively skepticly physicists at length in the introduction his book The Holographic Universe. He quotes Dr Bernie S. Siegel and Irvin L. Child as having written articles and books about such things.

I think it's a mistake to conflate all these really very different cultural and spiritual concepts (or if you'r that way inclined entities) into just one.

Unless you're taliking about the trend to monotheism that occurred across many cultures as urbanisation intensified around the Mediterranean basin from around 500 bc onwards, in which case, you would probably have expressed your argument differently.

haha, rather...

these 'really very different' cultural and spiritual concepts are not really very different at all - in fact they are identical and if you want i could quote an endless list of lines from the Bible, the Qu'ran, the Vedas, the Upanashids, the Bhagavad Gita and nearly ever other religious scripture and i think you would find that their descriptions and definitions of the Supreme Intelligence are the same...

Sure there are around 330,000,000 million hindu gods - but every hindu understand that they are all One and manifestations and aspects of the one - Brahman. Don't fool yourself by looking into the periphery of exoteric relgion - go straight to the source and see that the essence of these traditions are the same.