Inevitable (?) office party thread

john eden

male pale and stale
Forgot to update you all on this.

A man came dressed in a bride's costume.

there was a "hilarious" game where people had to identify stuff whilst blindfolded (including cat litter, cream cheese)

I held my corner for a respectable length of time and then got the fuck out of dodge.

Apparently after I left another man ended up doing press ups in his pants.

john eden

male pale and stale
Yeah there was one at my place but I've been signed off sick until today (which I had booked off as leave, ha!). So I didn't make it.

We had a dept pub lunch which was uneventful a few weeks back...

thanks for bumping the thread, though, hopefully someone will have something a bit more constructive to add!

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
We had a fairly nice meal out and then went to a pub with some good beers (Meantime brewery), no 'party' as such so no outrageous behaviour to report on, sadly.

However, there was a Secret Santa. No-one asked me to take part and I didn't go out of my way to get involved, but when the presents were being handed out there was something for me, oddly enough. It turned out to be a jigsaw puzzle featuring a painting of a steam railway scene. Must have been the most cheerfully dowdy present I've ever received.

I mean, who does jigsaw puzzles any more? Have these people not heard of the Super Nintendo?

luka

our one was chaos. i got home at 5am and had to wake up at 6 to go to work. in an office job that would be fine. in a coffee shop its a lot more difficult.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
our one was chaos. i got home at 5am and had to wake up at 6 to go to work. in an office job that would be fine. in a coffee shop its a lot more difficult.

lol, having to serve people coffee when in desperate need of a coffee must be interesting

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Similar experience to Tea, just had a nice lunch then a couple of drinks afterwards. Very civillised, but can't help thinking a mad night out or some kind of really awkward party in the office would have given me more interesting stories to tell on here...

luka

actually the first few hours were quite fun as i was still quite pissed.... one boy forgot he was working and turned up 2 hours late. another boy turned up pale and quivering and only lasted til lunchtime

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Is it wrong to like waking up (on a workday) still pissed occasionally? There's something magnificently hysterical about it.

STN

sou'wester
Austerity has rather killed this thread, but as I like flogging dead horses, so I'm bumping it.

luka

dont worry i live in australia, the economy is booming and my boss own a pub. i'll have a couple for you.

PeteUM

It's all grist
This Twitter pal of mine was saying someone at his work got a rape-alarm in the secret santa. Pretty dark! :eek:

My work do is all adults with learning difficulties and no booze, so it's kind of profoundly untwisted.

Actually some of the catering is a bit weird, involving things on cocktail sticks and the like.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
that's the kind of secret santa i can get behind. pragmatic. what were the other gifts? home abortion kit?

since i work at a prisoners' charity, at some of our events (kind of office parties) there have been about 3 or 4 people in the room who have killed people. i guess that's quite dark.

how is australia's economy booming? i dont' understand.

Last edited:

hucks

Your Message Here
how is australia's economy booming? i dont' understand.

It's not really a global economic crisis at all. China refers to it as the North Atlantic Crisis.

Back on topic - we went for a Christmas meal in a pub at the end of November. IT was the first time we've ever done anything ever. The learning curve is somewhat steep.