Inevitable (?) office party thread

Leo

being self-employed and working from home, my office party is likely to be me and the cats splitting a can of tuna fish. ;)

jenks

thread death
our last Xmas do produced the simile- she was all over him like an LSA at the Christmas Party.

LSAs are the classroom helpers, usually women of a certain age who work part time. They spend ages in classes with the less able and whilst quiet in class, give them a glass of babycham...young male teachers beware.:eek:

john eden

male pale and stale
Mine is "nightclub" themed this year. :eek:

Last year's got cancelled because of redundancies. So hopefully there will be some pent-up partyin' gettting released in all kinds of odd ways this time...

john eden

male pale and stale
So John I presume that mainly means bouncers, rohypnol and flying ashtrays?

Not so much of that, but there was a non-alcoholic drinking game. And pass the parcel. And a lot of getting up on a stage and shrieking, for people who like that sort of thing.

Oh and projections of Xmas parties past which obviously included a lot of people who don't work there any more (some of who are dead).

Disco playlist: cha cha slide / a gangnam style mash up / the Macarena.

I left early. (Bah humbug!). So I won't know about dramas until next week.
There was a free bar, so I'd guess something untoward happened...

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Our austerity Xmas party lasted one and a half hours, after which people went back to work. I mean, what the actual fuck?

sufi

lala
3 courses at London's only (apparently) ethical and organic pub,
we paid our own drinks and the tip

but then austerity is class war and a con etc...

luka

When baboon used the phrase class war craner gave him a very condescending dressing down but I buy that interpretation. I read David Harvey's neoliberalism book a few years back and it made perfect sense to me. (cue someone saying things that make perfect sense are always intrinsically suspect)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Our austerity Xmas party lasted one and a half hours, after which people went back to work. I mean, what the actual fuck?

Haha, that's well shit.

I think you'd have been totally entitled to spend the rest of the afternoon doing nothing but emailing everyone messages saying "MERRY FUCKING CHRISTMAS!!!!!!".

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
When baboon used the phrase class war craner gave him a very condescending dressing down but I buy that interpretation. I read David Harvey's neoliberalism book a few years back and it made perfect sense to me. (cue someone saying things that make perfect sense are always intrinsically suspect)

god,i don't even remember that, and i take everything personally...getting old is killing my memory.

@tea -- i left work (for the day) in disgust after about another half an hour. there're some things that cross the line.

STN

sou'wester
I went to a neighbour's party the other week and got really blasted and it's all a blur because all I can remember is marauding around while other people tried to avoid me. Anyway I've see pretty much everyone who was there since, and they were all pretty friendly so I guess I've gotten away with it. Work party on Thursday.

john eden

male pale and stale
Ours were uneventful this year apart from some high quality bitching about senior management which was very cathartic.

Also some good general gossip when people who seem to like everyone slightly let their guard down and reveal that they share many of your hates...

The main bash was also our big boss' leaving do and only about half the people who work here attended.

martin

----
Whilst I am sure it is unnecessary, I am nonetheless advised to remind staff that the usual standards of behavior are required when attending a work event, ie the Christmas lunch, and a responsible attitude towards alcohol is expected and to be mindful of being legal to drive the following day.

Can't wait.

john eden

male pale and stale
Where did you go? Café OTO?

I did blag my way into the xmas bash for The Wire once, which is at Café OTO. It was quite good. There was even a quiz! And dancing. (neither of which I participated in, just to be clear).

john eden

male pale and stale
A dizzying array of xmas parties this year:

1. Union social with darts and beer + sandwiches - funded by MOSCOW GOLD
2. A bash with a supplier in some Gordon Ramsey place
3. Official bash which is strictly limited to 2 hours, one of which is during the working day.
4. Dept lunch which will be an all afternoon session.
5. Unofficial bash including a bunch of people who have been laid off this year.

More on these if I survive them. If not, it's been good knowing you all.