Immryr

i can't drink more than one bottle of dragon stout. i do like it, but it's pretty hard to drink for me.

Cokehead rugger bugger Laurence dallaglio has put his name to this nice beer from Greene King. I got it in sainsburys so is probably widely availiable.

images

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Has anyone had Desperado before? It's a French beer that is flavoured with Tequila. It doesn't taste how you think it would, but it is strange though. It's sort of like an alcopop, and I've discovered tag-teaming it with a whiskey on the rocks is a deadly combination (in a good [and bad, I suppose] way).

Also a mate of mine substitutes a lime in his corona with filling the bottle the rest of the way up with lemon bacardi breezer. Ups the alcohol content, does the job of lemon flavouring, and he reckons it's even better. Haven't tried it myself yet.

woops

is not like other people
Has anyone had Desperado before? It's a French beer that is flavoured with Tequila. It doesn't taste how you think it would, but it is strange though. It's sort of like an alcopop, and I've discovered tag-teaming it with a whiskey on the rocks is a deadly combination (in a good [and bad, I suppose] way).

I've had this (before) in France, thought it was piss, the tequila adds a note of washing-up liquid.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Yeah it's definitely not a beardstroker, but it chases whiskey like a bastard and gets you right fucked up in the process.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Also a mate of mine substitutes a lime in his corona with filling the bottle the rest of the way up with lemon bacardi breezer. Ups the alcohol content, does the job of lemon flavouring, and he reckons it's even better. Haven't tried it myself yet.

Next up in the 'flavour combinations' thread: 101 fun things to do with Kraft Singles cheese food slices, Hershey bars and Peri-Peri sauce. ;) ;)*

*I've figured out you can say stuff that's basically arbitrarily obnoxious if you use enough winking smileys.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There's an amazing chilli sauce they have in the Canary islands called mojo (pron. 'mokho'), generally served with salted baked spuds. There's a red flavour and a green flavour. Awesomely tasty, but I've never seen it in this country. If anyone can tell me of a shop in London that sells it, they'll have a friend for life.

petergunn

plywood violin
Cokehead rugger bugger Laurence dallaglio has put his name to this nice beer from Greene King. I got it in sainsburys so is probably widely availiable.

images

always used to like the Greene King IPA, tho i don't really drink IPA's any more...

weather is hot, all about cold crisp mexican beers lately... modelo especial, carta blanca, tecate, sol, etc.........

scottdisco

rip this joint please
Britain's Real Ale Meccas - One Man's View

Having had the chance, over the last 10 years or so, to visit most of the UK's conurbations, I feel in a position to pontificate on which are the best real ale drinking towns and cities in the country. I've failed to grace Middlesborough, Scunthorpe and Plymouth with my presence but a scan of the Good Beer Guide suggests that none would be serious contenders. So here is my top ten.

good article from about two years ago, and i tend to agree with (a) the choices, (b) certain deliberate omissions, (c) certain runners-up.

it is from Cambridge CAMRA so they can't include their home city, although - for the record - i would. (am unsure if i would drop London for the reasons cited. maybe, maybe not.)

here.

if they mean the Lion Tavern in Moorfields, Liverpool centre, that is a fucking glorious pub, no doubt.

and yes, it is CAMRA, so focusing on ale as title explicitly says, blah blah blah, i think some of the old Pumpkin Publog/Freaky Trigger heads would not be best pleased..

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Note to London Dissensians who occasionally patronise Corsica Studios - the Modelo Dark they sell at the bar goes down nicely when you're a bit spangled... :cool:

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
good article from about two years ago, and i tend to agree with (a) the choices, (b) certain deliberate omissions, (c) certain runners-up.
Derby has about the highest ratio of niceness of pubs to general niceness as a place of anywhere I've ever been...

luka

i like kent. they have some lovely beaches and some lovely pubs and i'm always happy drinking whatever shepard neame thing is on tap. its actually amazing how many wonderful places are just outside london ready and waiting for day trip adventures. whitstable dungeness etc etc etc