Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast

Thread: Beer And Beer Drinking

Done four pints of it Watching West Ham lose. Good gear if you have no wish to get drunk. Hope my local keeps it on for a while

my local corner shop started stocking Thornbridge, Beavertown, Brewdog and Sierra Nevada. Happy Days.

Thornbridge is good craic. I like their Jaipur IPA.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

One of the brewdog boys had a hand in creating that apparently

The cornershop don't stock it but thornbridge St petersberg made a big impression on me when I had it on tap a couple of years ago

Don't think I've had the one. Is it a Baltic stout or summat?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Think they called it Russian imperial stout? It was well mice and about 9% I have seen it bottled at utobeer. I bought some as a gift for a French lad to prove England has nice tasting things

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    One of the brewdog boys had a hand in creating that apparently
    Thornbridge is where Martin Dickie worked after doing a brewing degree at Heriot Watt and before starting Brewdog.

Weirdly, Brewdog publicity bumpf doesn't mention the Heriot Watt degree or the apprenticeship at Thornbridge and gives the impression that he was a self-taught homebrewer who came from nowhere to give the brewing world a punk-fuelled kick up the arse.

There's a lot of piss taking about the way Brewdog bang on about being punk-as-fuck while shifting shedloads of beer to Tesco and Wetherspoons, but I think there's actually a lot of Malcolm McLaren to them...

Let's face it, running basically any sort of business is pretty un-punk.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    The cornershop don't stock it but thornbridge St petersberg made a big impression on me when I had it on tap a couple of years ago
    http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/13029/27953/

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    I must correct myself. There is a version of Old Rosie from Westons that's got rhubab in it and isn't particularly sweet at all and is delicious. Only ever seen it in my local. I've asked the management about it and they say everyone and his dog has been asking when they can get it back it in. I'm going to drink myself comatose on it when they eventually do.
    that sounds lush. currently feeling extreme ambivalence towards most beer, so if I could find that somewhere in London it would be much appreciated.

^Slight correction to my correction: it is *fairly* sweet, I suppose, but not cloyingly so. No idea where you'd find it in London.

It's also a shockingly civilized 4%, so handy as a lunchtime pint or if you're driving. Assuming you can find it somewhere, of course.

There are loads of good ciders around at the moment, so isn't it about time "craft cider" became a thing? I mean, just something that people look out for a bit more often, and consequently something pubs/bars sell more frequently. Actually 'Spoons often have some good ciders in a row of boxes behind the bar these days, as well as in bottles.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 04-11-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Went back to that pub today. Turns out me and woops are banned 4 life lol

Had a cheeky lunchtime pint today. Well, half-litre bottle. Pure UBU, quite a nice drop. Was a bit put out by the barmaid asking me if I wanted ice. Is this a thing now? Iced beer? Jesus wept.