luka

I've cracked and have had a few beers the last few days. Culminated today in me buying a pint of landlord (bolt maker) in a nice pub. Magic.
havent you been sober for about 9 years? im going to give up drinking tomrrow so you can take my place as the village piss artist

catalog

wow! scott, you are a beer genius! i've never heard of any of those beers!

interested to see you drink bitter. that's almost unheard of in my part of the world, at least for people our age. is it common up north? i find it totally unpalettable. an aquired taste presumably, but not one i'm willing to suffer to aquire. any other bitter drinkers? if so state your age and the place you live and the place you were brought up. lager is the default option, but so often too bland for words. maybe in summer, if it's extra cold. so long as there's crisps to go with it.

it's on the politics bit for two reasons
1)there's not a food and drink section. (i think i'll start my cheese thread on the nature section)
2)i don't like the politics threads. they get on my nerves for all sorts of reasons, shoulder chips among them.
Very polite and earnest

catalog

Yeah? Where was that? I had a pint of Old Peculier in the Mill in Cambridge last weekend and it was pretty good. One of the best things about Cambridge is the range of good pubs - Live and Let Live, Salisbury Arms, Six Bells, Kingston Arms and the Mill are some of my favourites. Am I missing any?
The dev

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Medugenus is a deity translated as the Mead-Begotten, similar to Bacchus, worshipped from Norfolk to Salamanca

Parts of the drinking rite involve a wee spoon to stir your drink, some cases the interpretation is the addition of analgesics and even datura

mid_00756834_001.jpg

Clinamenic

Binary & Tweed
Medugenus is a deity translated as the Mead-Begotten, similar to Bacchus, worshipped from Norfolk to Salamanca

Parts of the drinking rite involve a wee spoon to stir your drink, some cases the interpretation is the addition of analgesics and even datura

mid_00756834_001.jpg
Begotten, not mead, one in serving with the patron.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

mid_00756834_001.jpg
Well the reason the ancient Greeks drank their wine watered down isn't that they were lightweights who couldn't handle their booze, but because it was spiked with opium and henbane and god knows what else, so drinking it neat would get you munted in about five minutes. I think there are references in Homer etc. to characters acting crazy as a result of drinking "unmixed wine". I'm guessing this is same but with mead.

Leo

you had 15 drinks? no way. how long were you there? that would run you $80-100 at some places here, live poetry must pay well.

luka

i actually have the receipt here i had
3 pints of guinness
1 bloody mary
2 negronis
2 pints of gamma ray
i double jamesons
i tequila

and i got a bottle of pink prosecco on the way home which i didnt finish. anyway i dont drink any more im teetotal its great.

Leo

oh, that's much more reasonable...

probably only around $70 worth here, then.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I went to a gig yesterday to see my friend's band... someone there asked me if I liked Portuguese beer and once again I had to say that I was afradi to say that it is totally disgusting. I don't even care about beer but Sagres is a bad one and Superbock is barely better.