my view of the world

P

Parson

Panspermia is a ridiculous idea. If life didn't originate on Earth but came here from 'elsewhere', it had to have originated 'elsewhere', right? Just shifts along the burden of evolution to another planet, AND requires that life got here 'somehow'.

high ranking government officials say they have contacted humanoid life that evolved off planet earth

brainwashed guy on the internet says THATS RIDICULOUS

burden of proof is on the guy on the internet because the disclosure project has got evidence for miles that they will gladly share with congress if given the opportunity.

P

Parson

i lump the refuse to watch disclosure project videos people in with right wing fundamentalists

people need PERSPECTIVE

and saddam is brave people is just the natural reaction to disgust with all these fools rallying around this disgusting neocon pageantry

P

Parson

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Frontpage/2007/01/08/01288.html

Professor Chang further indicates that “What we see in our DNA is a program consisting of two versions, a big code and basic code.” Mr. Chang then affirms that the “First fact is, the complete ‘program’ was positively not written on Earth; that is now a verified fact. The second fact is, that genes by themselves are not enough to explain evolution; there must be something more in ‘the game‘.”

“Soon or later”, Professor Chang says “we have to come to grips with the unbelievable notion that every life on Earth carries genetic code for his extraterrestrial cousin and that evolution is not what we think it is.”

swears

preppy-kei
parson

Don't you think maybe you're into all of this stuff because it's entertaining?
Everyday, serious problems like poverty, oppression and abuse of power aren't really as much fun to think about as all this paranormal malarkey are they?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Don't you think maybe you're into all of this stuff because it's entertaining?
Everyday, serious problems like poverty, oppression and abuse of power aren't really as much fun to think about as all this paranormal malarkey are they?

Amen to that, swears.

One thing I can't help but think is that highly paranoid people are SO convinced that the primary purpose of governments is to lie to people, above all else, that for them any kind of denial of a hypothesis is as good as proof that that hypothesis is correct. "The Government denies aliens exist, so they MUST exist!!! The Government denies the moon is made is made of mature stilton, therefore the moon MUST be made of mature stilton!" You know what? Sometimes it's a good idea to take the word of the entire scientific establishment, who work with accepted methods within a peer-reviewed framework, rather than the ideas of one or two 'maverick' researches who've decided our DNA must have come from aliens.

And on the point of 'right-wing fundamentalists' - I expect a lot of people fitting this description have a blind, dogmatic and totally empirically unsupported faith in the intervention of a supernatural being in the origins of life, to the point of intentionally perverting science to try and support their claims. Now tell me - does this remind you of anyone?
Edit: and I get the impression someone here doesn't understand the concept of 'burden of proof'. So what if some 'high-ranking government official' says terrestrial life originated on other planets? The entire body of the scientific community disagrees with him, and - call me credulous if you like - that's good enough for me.
By your argument, the fact that George Bush believes God talks to him (and you can't really get more high-ranking than George Bush) puts the burden of proof on me to prove that God doesn't exist. The simple fact is, there's no way *anyone* can actually DISprove life originated on another planet, and on the basis of unfalsifiability, it therefore is disqualified from being a scientific hypothesis. In epistemology, people sometimes talk about the 'teapot fallacy': namely, I can claim that there's a teapot in orbit around Mars, then say that "since I made the claim, the burden of proof lies on the person denying my hypothesis", and since obviously no-one can disprove it, I therefore claim vindication for my hypothesis. Which is obviously ridiculous.

Last edited:
P

Parson

a lot of people will one day in their life trip over the truth. But most just get up dust themselves off and continue as if nothing has happened.

- winston churchill

P

Parson

maybe you should wonder why you refuse to believe the word of 400+ high ranking government officials who are risking their lives to reveal lies.

why would you question the authority of the human genome project.

the people with the facts are being shut down out by the media and you losers condescend and patronize

your arrogant idea that you know more than those trying to explain things that you know nothing about is insulting

swears

preppy-kei
How do you know they're trying to uncover information on alien space craft? Maybe it's something to do with dodgy black-ops, classified millitary technology, could be anything...

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
Because these 400 people are the people that work on dodgy, black-ops, classified millitary technology!

They are the ones making the claim that much of this tech has been reverse engineered from crashed alien spacecraft. This is what makes the Disclosure Project interesting.

But I totally agree, the burden of proof of course lies with them, and it would seem it is still a burden thay cannot shake. There is no physical proof, no flying saucer wreckage to dump on the White House lawn, but these people have a lot of conviction, I see no reason why they would make it all up, but this brings me back to my earlier point about UFOs being more interesting than grime.

The real reason it's interesting is because its escapism. I'm right in the middle of starting a non-profit, ( www.wedia.tv plug plug plug), and indeed find it really depressing to think about serious problems like poverty etc, which I seem to be doing a great deal of. The Disclosure Project and it's problem, real or imaginary, is not depressing. It's a glimmer of hope if you take it seriously. Interest in UFOs, religon and funky house is peaking cos people want escapism, not depressing news of terrorism, world poverty, or indeed, the state of the grime scene.

That being said, UFOs are being seen all around the world and reported all around the world (today in Iran for example: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3354296,00.html ) and much of the dismissive skepticism in the US and UK around the subject is incredibly unscientific.

For example, the Mexican Air Force filmed a fleet of eleven UFOs flying through their airspace with incredibly sophisticated infrared cameras, for more than half an hour, giving off all kinds of weird temperature data, and one even breaks formation and begins following the Mexicans until they back off (you can see this here: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6737356340134876703&q=mexican+ufo+footage) The Mexicans hold a press conference saying very honestly "we don't know what these things are" and present the film to the world's media. US intelligence laughs at them at says 'it was just swamp gas' with no proof, or indeed any nearby swamps.

Anytime the mainstream media 'debunks' a UFO sighting with no proof, it's taken as fact. That's not science, that's spin.

Last edited:
P

Parson

well they say they have lots of proof that they will reveal if they can go in front of congress

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
That sounds a little fishy to me. Surely the best way to get in front of Congress and be taken seriously would be to reveal any verifiable "proof" to the world now.

P

Parson

it took two hours just to introduce the people

perhaps the truth is in pieces and requires more complex explanations

P

Parson

"Meantime, an informed source told FNA that the object has been on fire and there has been thick smoke coming out of it prior to the crash, concluding that the object couldn't have been a meteor as meteors do not smoke," the article said.

woah it seems like one of them got shot down.

the disclosure project says that our radar causes most of the crashes but this one seems to have been shot down

IdleRich

IdleRich
"if you don't believe the canadian article i posted"
Should they also believe the other articles on the front page of The Canadian? Some of the best stories are as follows:

"Has HIV-AIDS been created in laboratories funded by neo-conservative ideologues and "religious fascists"... "

"The Canadian Conservative party wants to allow the US to annexe Canada"

Testimony from "contactee" Adrian on which aliens make crop circles:
"Adrian testifies that alien races from the Andromeda Galaxy are one of the main extraterrestrial races most responsible for crop circles. He further makes representation from his reported alien contact with this Off-world civilization from the Andromeda Galaxy, that "the crop circles are intended both to inspire humans with the possibility of extraterrestrial communications, and to warn those of the consequences of their actions to control and manipulate humanity", which in part, takes the form of so-
called "Globalization". "

"Doctor alleges plans underway to "Microchip" Newborns in U.S. and Europe"

Not to mention several more stories about aliens. I think the crop circle one is the best in the way it manages to link aliens with anti-globalization campaigners but I guess everyone will have their own special favourite.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
How do you know they're trying to uncover information on alien space craft? Maybe it's something to do with dodgy black-ops, classified millitary technology, could be anything...

This sounds infinitely more likely, and is a good example of REAL dodgy-dealings that Those In Power are often up to in one way or another.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Not to mention several more stories about aliens. I think the crop circle one is the best in the way it manages to link aliens with anti-globalization campaigners but I guess everyone will have their own special favourite.

I once saw a xenomorph smash up a McDonalds.

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
This sounds infinitely more likely, and is a good example of REAL dodgy-dealings that Those In Power are often up to in one way or another.

I think you should watch these testimonies. A lot of these Disclosure people are high ups and people "in power." And they are claiming this is all about black ops tech, tech that they say was reverse engineered from crashed UFOs. I'm all for Ockham's razor, and without these people coming forward this claim would have no basis, but their actions defy logic.

This is the problem with this subject, and why culturally it won't ever be taken seriously. Before even listening to the testimonies of these ex-astronauts and top CIA people who deserve to be taken seriously for at least a minute or two, it's perfectly okay to dismiss them and decide, based on an unrelated story on crop circles, that it is 'infinitely more likely' that some of the most knowledgable people in the gvt, space and defence industries are just all nuts.

Excellent. More great scientific analysis in the field of UFO research.