new mix - dubstep, grime, techno, hip hop etc

UFO over easy

online mahjong
http://www.lowerdepths.com/mixes/benufo_quantumlines.mp3

just recorded the other day, seems like the kind of thing that might go down well here.

00.00 00. intro
00.31 01. sleeparchive - elephant island ep a2 (sleeparchive)
02.31 02. benga - middleman (big apple)
05.38 03. monkeysteak - lighthouse dub [pinch remix] (punch drunk)
07.51 04. d-coy - johnny was a badboy feat. wiley (unknown label)
09.25 05. pangaea - anti-static (unreleased)
11.13 06. tubby - tigerstyle (braindead)
14.41 07. random trio - banshi (unreleased)
16.15 08. benny ill and hatcha - stand clear (tempa)
18.58 09. kode 9 and spaceape - quantum (hyperdub)
21.25 10. monolake - static (imbalance recordings)
24.07 11. reform (batfink) - not mine (unreleased)
27.15 12. shackleton - blood on my hands (skull disco)
29.55 13. dntel - fear of corners (plug research)
33.43 14. geiom - feel so bad (berkane sol)
35.03 15. shots - creeping low (dump valve)
36.37 16. phokus - danger feat. dirty danger (mg77)
39.08 17. parson - big killaz (unreleased)
40.41 18. sixtoo - fear of flying (vertical form)
42.28 19. skream - korma (southside dubstars)
44.15 20. wizzbit - old skool (road)
46.02 21. sileni - twitchy droid leg [vex'd remix] (offshore)
49.10 22. wiley - scorcher dis (southside)
50.57 23. d1 - cocaine (tempa)
53.37 24. benga - duel (big apple)
55.51 25. ramadanman - untitled (unreleased)
57.38 26. skream and distance - wise men (ringo records)
60.31 27. fat freddy's drop - cays crays [digital mystikz remix] (kartel)
63.39 28. logos - ghost map (unreleased)
65.53 29. boxcutter - gave dub [12" mix] (planet mu)
69.12 30. burial - gutted (hyperdub)

lots of cool stuff in there.. quite a bit of older dubstep too. check it out if you like :)

daddek

love that you brought sixtoo burial vex'd and wiley together, and it totally worked. wicked set.

(but the minimal thing was a little too far into idm for me. but thats a minor.)

Last edited:

UFO over easy

online mahjong
(but the minimal thing was a little too far into idm for me. but thats a minor.)

haha, sorry! electronica is my background too, I was into that stuff before I was even into jungle.. the dntel tune is pretty idm-y, but for some reason with that vocal, blood on my hands and the soaring strings of dntel just seemed made for each other :D

glad you liked the set man :) on the vex'd and wiley thing - I'd really love it if vex'd worked with some mcs! this doesnt go for the album material so much but some of the recent stuff would just sound unbelievably heavy with someone like wiley spitting over it..

Last edited:

tate

Brown Sugar
Listening now, thank you so much (again) for this one. What with "The Minus Degree," "Crunchcore," and "X Plore H Core," my household has been spoiled for the past year by Ben UFO mixes! Not forgetting that lovely dnb mix of yours on Gutta's blog many moons ago . . . :D

UFO over easy

online mahjong
cool mix! Shackleton -> Dntl - nice, transition could've gone on for longer?

thanks man, but that's actually the longest transition in the whole mix, they're both playing for about 2 minutes 40 seconds. dntel comes in at 29.30 and blood on my hands drops out around 32.10. the strings and clippy percussion are from the dntel tune, and the bongos and vocal are from blood on my hands. :) couldn't physically have gone on much longer or I wouldn't have had time to drop the next tune.

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
v.nice

definitely agree with pitching up the techno/minimal to dubstep velocity rather than the other way round, if indeed that's what you've done.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
v.nice

definitely agree with pitching up the techno/minimal to dubstep velocity rather than the other way round, if indeed that's what you've done.

yep that's right :) although most of it didn't need to be pitched up too heavily. the monolake tune is the exception, it's on +9