Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rinse fm playing minimal techno...

simon silverdollar Guest

Default rinse fm playing minimal techno...

...check it out (19.39, friday night).
    quite unexpected. quite a headfuck. was this inevitable?...phil sherburne was talking recently about minimal techno and dubstep gettting ever closer...

they're playing soulful garage right now, didn't last long?

simon silverdollar Guest

yeah its a lot more normal now. 15 minutes ago they played 2 or 3 really ultra minimal tracks...that villalobos aquatic sound. may be it was just one of those moments where the rinse djs drop something totally off the wall into the mix.

who's on right now? was it proper minimal techno? there's a wee bit of minimal-influenced dubstep coming out of bristol right now.

EDIT: should be heny g right now.

simon silverdollar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nomos View Post
    who's on right now? was it proper minimal techno? there's a wee bit of minimal-influenced dubstep coming out of bristol right now.

EDIT: should be heny g right now.

yeah it wasn't minimal influenced dubstep- it was quite full on, clicky 4/4 techno.

wow. rinse is nuts lately. i never know what i'm getting into when i turn it on.

simon silverdollar Guest

it's all gone a bit detroit techno now...rinse are getting through the genres like nobody's business tonight...

Default rinse is no longer owned by

geenius right but now by that sarah woman that runs dubstep....I mean right?

from the obscene amounts of funky house and 2step they play throughout the day I reckon there really tryna go legal - playing minimal techno would probably be another step in that direction

they play less grime/garage though...
    Last edited by Tactics; 26-01-2007 at 08:31 PM.
    1 $/ of aid is NOTHING compared to 1 $/ of FAIR trade....

Ekome....

I heard Fuda guy and JME over that Princess Superstar/Mason electro track Perfect the other day. Not quite as much of a suprise as minimal, but still a bit of a shock.

if anyone has that audio of fuda guy (who says that take it easy man catchphrase a bit too much lol) over that princess superstar track, please post it up

i didnt know rinse was owned by sarah at ammunition now. interesting. theyre kinda taking over the whole scene arent they. its not quite going 'corporate' but the new entry cards to get in and the musical policy changes coupled with the fact its now run by probably the biggest company in the scene makes me wonder.... maybe they ARE trying to go legal.

i hope they dont totally oust grime from the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
    i didnt know rinse was owned by sarah at ammunition now. interesting. theyre kinda taking over the whole scene arent they.
    hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by gumdrops
    i didnt know rinse was owned by sarah at ammunition now. interesting. theyre kinda taking over the whole scene arent they.
    is there any truth to this? i know there have been management changes over the last year or so, but i've always understood ammo and rinse to be quite separate enterprises.
    Last edited by nomos; 27-01-2007 at 05:47 PM. Reason: quoted the wrong person

weak hip hop on there right now

edit 4:40 - it's better now, like low deep or something
    Last edited by nomos; 27-01-2007 at 08:40 PM.

simon silverdollar Guest

does sarah at ammunition run FWD?

Quote Originally Posted by simon silverdollar View Post
    does sarah at ammunition run FWD?
    yes and the tempa labels.
    is anyone less excited about minimal techno and dubstep crossing over?
    as genres they've both seem to got worse lately rather than better, will a crossover actually improve either? good though that they've crossed over at the most flashy leftfield points, shackleton and villalobos.