Stalked!

N

nomadologist

oh yeah! damn women, such nags. unfortunately that still has nothing to do with being physically threatened.

i consider doing the same more seriously by the day, mistersloane

martin

----
Really? That surprises me, I know that I've had benign cases but I can easily see how that stuff can go way too far, obsession is wonderful when directed well but when mis-directed, oh boy.

Well, I think there're probably some people doing it who are relatively physically harmless, just desperately sad and lonely people (of both genders) projecting all their hopes onto someone. Of course not all stalkers are harmless, and they're often completely annoying, but I don't think all of them deserve the 'rapist' tag.

Of course all men are potential rapists, just like I'm potentially the best dressed man on Dissensus, but that doesn't necessarily make it true.

N

nomadologist

martin, no one ever said all men are potentially rapists. where are you getting that?

and of course a man would not see stalking as seriously scary, because most (i would say very close to ALL) stalkers who kill and rape are MEN who do it to WOMEN. so yeah, a female stalker is probably just lonely and harmless.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
this is why i try to stick with gay people, mistersloane. i love being a hag because these things just don't come up...

Yeah, though unfortunately all the stuff that surrounds what men put onto women gets supplanted onto boys and boyhood by gay men, the position of the 'boy' within homosexual culture in analagous to that of women in the broader global construct, and boys get raped n stalked n chopped up by gay men too. Quite alot of the time, and I'm not just talking about the serial killer freaks who went all literal on our arses either.

Has anyone got any examples of good stalking? Someone who was determined to make you famous or rich or something? That would be cool. I want a good stalker.

elgato

I just dont know
Yeah, but when you look at the statistics and facts, it's very very hard not to come out with a massive gender based simple statement, it used to make be disgusted with being male until I divorced myself from the human race entirely.

but there are so many other ways to express the statistics, one which isnt so divisive and inflamatory, in this context i just dont see the positive in such a result

i dont feel ashamed of being male, at all, because im happy with the way i act towards others, and certainly towards women, and would therefore simply hope that people wouldnt judge me with a broad brush such as that. if they do, theres nothing i can do, just sadly accept it. no point in shame after the point at which its pushed you towards an acceptably positive outlook/behavioural code

N

nomadologist

hmmm. no, people aren't that decent. publisher's clearinghouse keeps stalking me trying to help me win $10,000,000

N

nomadologist

i love how people always want to sweep the ugly issues under the rug. that's why things never change...

the poison girls?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Girls do shit like this all the time as well. People are creeps. But I suppose men just about take first place in the creepstakes with the added violence factor.

Weeell, not necessarily - the flipside of this is that a woman can inflict a lot of suffering on a guy with a false accusation of violence, sexual or otherwise (this has happened to a guy I know).

N

nomadologist

yeah, because it really pays to do that. since there's almost as much stigma on being a victim of sex abuse as there is of committing it. since you're guaranteed to have every bit of your sexual history brought up in trial as some sort of testament to the fact that you deserved to be raped because you like having sex.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
What stigma is this? Complainants in rape case are garuanteed the right to anonymity even if it turns out to have been a false accusation (except in a few recent cases where the judge has ruled otherwise), whereas the defendent has his name made public as soon as the accusation is made. It's hard to see how this is remotely fair.

I agree that the past sexual history thing is unfair too, I thought they'd stopped that now though?

N

nomadologist

no one, martin. they just keep trying to say it's some sort of offensive thing to talk about, seems like.

N

nomadologist

What stigma is this? Complainants in rape case are garuanteed the right to anonymity even if it turns out to have been a false accusation (except in a few recent cases where the judge has ruled otherwise), whereas the defendent has his name made public as soon as the accusation is made. It's hard to see how this is remotely fair.

I agree that the past sexual history thing is unfair too, I thought they'd stopped that now though?

NOPE they haven't, Mr. Tea. Precious little has changed. And the woman who brings the accusation is NOT guaranteed anonymity. That's just a choice most newspapers make out of courtesy, to leave the victim anonymous. It's actually been a huge controversy in American print media outlets. There were a few landmark cases where they used the name of the victim, and some people didn't like that, (although I think the victims themselves let it be public.)