View Poll Results: Which Mix RULES THE DANCE?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Eden

12 80.00%
  • Paul Meme

3 20.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIDDIMCLASH DOWNLOAD - John Eden vs Paul Meme. VOTE FOR THE WINNER HERE

got it, cheers.

Ah, my 25 minute mix is "just shaded" by a 45 minute mix - just shows the sheer impact of my quality dubz!
    paul.meme
    Out now: Move Down Low VIP on SOUL JAZZ Records SJR225-12
    Out now: Blackdown & Dusk Meet Grievous Angel Uptown: Margins Music Redux (Keysound LDN014)
    Out now: Soundclash1 Remix / Harpy (Keysound LDN011)
    Out now: Ice Rink Refix (Devotional Dubz ERZULIE03)
    Out soon: WOOFAH 4!
    http://blog.grievousangel.net/ | http://www.myspace.com/grievousangelsoundsystem

Quote Originally Posted by 2stepfan View Post
    my quality dubz!
    oh sorry, are they actual dubplate specials, then?
    Last edited by john eden; 26-02-2007 at 10:24 AM.

Bit disappointed that the MC for Edentone hasn't provided any of her famed bars about her selector's tendency to feast on the eyeballs of drumpan soundboys after killing them in the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by STN View Post
    Bit disappointed that the MC for Edentone hasn't provided any of her famed bars about her selector's tendency to feast on the eyeballs of drumpan soundboys after killing them in the dance.
    Yeah, she turned me down on that one!

Something about signing a deal with Kevin Martin to get on the LadyBug album coming out on Soul Jazz.

Honestly, I've been like a father to her and this is how she treats me in return!

It's Eden for me - a bit more variety and he hits the ground running whilst Meme takes a while to build. I'm a sucker for the female vocals as well.

Although, to be honest ,I feel woefully ill informed to truly pass judgement.

I shall be playing both to Junior Jenks on his way to the crunch match against Southend Manor next week and he will make his preference known.

Thanks for both of them, though.

dubversion Guest

So, Eden, what are you going to change the name of Meme's blog to?

Quote Originally Posted by dubversion View Post
    So, Eden, what are you going to change the name of Meme's blog to?
    "Beyond The Implode" has a nice ring to it.

Or perhaps "Paul Meme's dibby dibby soundbwoy emporium: all drumpan catered for, be they dibby or dibby dibby".

I shall give it until 11:30am on Friday this week and then decide, assuming I am still in the lead.

Although actually I can't think of anything sillier than what it's called now, but that's Paul for you - diffrent strokes and all that.
    Last edited by john eden; 27-02-2007 at 02:09 PM. Reason: pride before a fall

i finally had time to d/l these last night and will spend the journey home tonight listening and cogitating in order to post my decision.

i assume you are all excited as i am

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    I shall give it until 11:30am on Friday this week and then decide, assuming I am still in the lead.
    I know you've been strutting around like a 18th century show pony this last week, tossing your mane around, whinnying and standing on your hind legs while waving your front hooves around to impress the wee Jacobite girls, but the votes are far from in. Stelfox and MMS have yet to cast their influential votes. As have I (to cast my vote, not act like some demented pony). Once I receive the discs, I will need a good few days to scrutinise the contents of each mix. Shouting "Mastication for the nation!" might win you favour in some quarters but, I can assure you, it won't wash with some of the rest of us

I await Matt and Martin's comments with some interest (and indeed MMS, Jenks Junior, Monkeysblood and all crew!).

I should clarify the point about my "strutting about like an 18th century show pony this last week."

Despite much baiting from Paul*, my strutting only commenced at 11:30am on Friday, as was appropriate.

*(including his gratuitous posting of pictures of military funerals! IS THIS HOW WE SHOULD HONOUR OUR WAR DEAD?!)
    Last edited by john eden; 27-02-2007 at 02:56 PM.

right, i l've listened to them both, so-

john does a history lesson on the rhythm, moving throught the years, building nicely. plenty of scorchers with which i am well aquainted (was john re-using tunes? rodigan would notice!)

paul does a modern live juggling mix, quite different to the effects draped stuff he's done of late (which tbh, was the style i was really looking forward too), however, tune selection is excellent and made the delayed wait at leeds station a pleasure (particularly as whilst walking through the station yesterday, i was stopped and searched by the police under the terrorism act)

very different in style and execution (the joy of reggae!)

however, "paul meme buys his tunes on the internet" from eden jr (i guess?) sways me, and its the mix i'll come back to more often.

not a burial, more a blown fuse meaning an early shutdown for paul's sound

respect to you both- do it again!
    Last edited by matt b; 27-02-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Well, I've heard Eden's mix. Not sure about the MC, I wish these honkies would stop trying to chat in patois, but this one barely bothers. Awaiting the Meme Machine's with baited breff.

dubversion Guest

Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    "Beyond The Implode" has a nice ring to it.

Or perhaps "Paul Meme's dibby dibby soundbwoy emporium: all drumpan catered for, be they dibby or dibby dibby".

Although actually I can't think of anything sillier than what it's called now, but that's Paul for you - diffrent strokes and all that.

maybe you could also insist that he fill that really annoying bit of white space at the top of his blog with a picture of you wearing a big crown?