View Poll Results: Which Mix RULES THE DANCE?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Eden

12 80.00%
  • Paul Meme

3 20.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RIDDIMCLASH DOWNLOAD - John Eden vs Paul Meme. VOTE FOR THE WINNER HERE

Sorry Paul, got to be Eden, although it's his MC who truly rules the dance.

I really don't approve of competition and winners and all that sort of malarkey...however Eden killed it, sorry Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    Well, I've heard Eden's mix. Not sure about the MC, I wish these honkies would stop trying to chat in patois, but this one barely bothers. Awaiting the Meme Machine's with baited breff.
    She actually talks like that all the time*, it's a Hackney schools thing!

My Mum used to get a bit uptight about her saying "arks" rather than "ask" because of all the kids from jamaican families she's been hanging around with at nursery.

*Well, apart from using words like "dibby dibby" of course. But then she never usually needs to say that in our household, does she?

I reckon you will like Meme's mix as well Martin - be interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and commented (and voted!)

I have only had time to listen to Paul Meme’s mix yet, but that was really good. I think it’s a little odd that one is 25 minutes long and the other 44, since there is a world of difference between the two formats. Will vote later.

Bad bad week. No time to give a real listen yet

Many thanks to Paul for sending his mix through. I'll listen to both this weekend and cast my vote on Monday.

There'll be more FX drenched stuff coming in the bloggariddims series.

This one was fairly "raw" - pure vinyl mix.

I'm very grateful for all the kind comments even if John is more likely to win - he does have one of the best collections in north east London after all, and following months of intense tutoring from me, he is now able to make a passable impression of mixing!

Funny though, I never saw the resemblance with Keith Allen before...
    paul.meme
    Out now: Move Down Low VIP on SOUL JAZZ Records SJR225-12
    Out now: Blackdown & Dusk Meet Grievous Angel Uptown: Margins Music Redux (Keysound LDN014)
    Out now: Soundclash1 Remix / Harpy (Keysound LDN011)
    Out now: Ice Rink Refix (Devotional Dubz ERZULIE03)
    Out soon: WOOFAH 4!
    http://blog.grievousangel.net/ | http://www.myspace.com/grievousangelsoundsystem

Is that Josey Wales tune a dubplate? Or have you just played it to death?

I have to say that I appreciate the lack of a child on the Meme mix. No doubt you ensured that your wife and kids were firmly locked in the Anderson shelter at the bottom of the garden, with a stale crust of bread for sustenance, while you donned your smoking jacket, your butler wiping a bead of sweat from your top lip, before striding with purpose towards the oak-pannelled mixing chamber to cook up this epic. Whereas Eden was probably trying to stop his child from kicking the turntable as she ran riot in the living room.

Hmm...this'll be a close one. Especially as I just got a copy of Saxon vs Bodyguard through the post as well...

I've cast my vote. It was a very close thing, but let's put it this way, I firmly believe children shouldn't be allowed near microphones...though Paul really should have done more than 25 minutes, that won't even cover a train ride from Kings Cross to Mill Hill Broadway! But I went for...

You see, I thought we'd agreed on doing something just under half an hour - but apparenytly, only I agreed to that!

paul.meme
    Out now: Move Down Low VIP on SOUL JAZZ Records SJR225-12
    Out now: Blackdown & Dusk Meet Grievous Angel Uptown: Margins Music Redux (Keysound LDN014)
    Out now: Soundclash1 Remix / Harpy (Keysound LDN011)
    Out now: Ice Rink Refix (Devotional Dubz ERZULIE03)
    Out soon: WOOFAH 4!
    http://blog.grievousangel.net/ | http://www.myspace.com/grievousangelsoundsystem

Good god these are good.

I really like Paul's mix which feels more subtle and rootsy, but at the end of the day this is the answer rhythm, and you gotta have Lone Ranger and Eek a Mouse and Slim Smith in there. But at the end of the day, skanking was the winner, here.

i vote re-match