rolling blogariddims thread

Lichen

400px-BitchesBrewGatefold.jpg

Grievous Angel presents Blogariddims 21: fusion dub. A mix of Miles Davis-inspired jazz, funk and soul, in dub.

This is lovely. The Parliament tune is HUGE.

Also, I think the addition of echo works beautifully. Something to do with the echo framing what preceded it.

I'm going to cane this. Thanks.

soundslike1981

400px-BitchesBrewGatefold.jpg

Grievous Angel presents Blogariddims 21: fusion dub. A mix of Miles Davis-inspired jazz, funk and soul, in dub.

Track listing:
0:00 Miles Davis: Bitches Brew intro
0:59: Miles Davis: Agharta Prelude Dub
5:06: Miles Davis: Miles Runs the Voodoo Down (Edit)
12:19: Parliament: Dr Funkenstein (Live) (edit)
19:10: Miles Davis: What If
22:44: Curtis Mayfield: Stone Junkie (Live)
28:28: Miles Davis: Billy Preston
33:51: Headhunters: God Made Me Funky (Edit)
39:21: Miles Davis: Black Satin
43:14: Miles Davis: Bitches Brew (Edit)
46:59: Miles Davis: In A Silent Way / Shhh Peaceful (Bill Laswell dub)
54:49: Curtis Mayfield: I Plan To Stay a Believer (Live)
57:30: Miles Davis: It’s About That Time

Bloggage:
http://blog.grievousangel.net/?p=373

Happy Beltane everyone!

I did a little dub treatment of some 'Black Jack Johnson'-sessions Davis in my Blogariddims (No. 6? 7?). . . keen to hear someone who actually knows how to do it proper.

nomos

Administrator
Fantastic mix Paul. Did a little thing on my blog about it but your WordPress wouldn't let me comment. Called me 'spam' (and a 'filthy ****' which I thought was a bit much) ;)

zhao

there are no accidents
ok just realized that most or all of them do start with the ID. I'll try to get that in there somehow... just started using live - packed up my turntables and mic...

john eden

male pale and stale
ok just realized that most or all of them do start with the ID. I'll try to get that in there somehow... just started using live - packed up my turntables and mic...

droid doesn't really post here any more, so best hit him up via the weareie blog.

Rambler

Awanturnik
New one from me has just gone up.

Tracklisting:

1. (00:00) Ki (from Kwaidan): Toru Takemitsu
2. (00:03) The Wire III: Music on a Long Thin Wire: Alvin Lucier
3. (01:17) Troisieme Sonate, Formant 2 - Trope - Glose: Pierre Boulez
4. (03:04) Anaklasis: Krzysztof Penderecki
5. (07:52) Le reveil des oiseaux: Olivier Messiaen
6. (07:55) Genesis: Ros Bandt
7. (10:00) Three Strange Angels: Richard Baker
8. (10:59) Cogito/Trompe L'Oeil: Iancu Dumitrescu
9. (15:24) A Wasp on Her Abdomen: Chas Smith
10. (18:16) Movement Within: Glenn Branca
11. (21:38) Automne a Varsovie: Gyorgy Ligeti
12. (23:27) Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune: Claude Debussy
13. (24:43) Symphonies Of Wind Instruments: Igor Stravinsky
14. (26:08) Sonata 6: Sonatas and Interludes For Prepared Piano: John Cage
15. (27:01) 6 Little Piano Pieces, No.6, Sehr langsam: Arnold Schoenberg
16. (28:24) Liturgie de cristal, Quatour pour la fin du temps: Olivier Messiaen
17. (30:46) Kreuzspiel: Karlheinz Stockhausen
18. (32:29) Two Pages: Philip Glass
19. (35:00) Chorus: Robert Normandeau
20. (36:49) Psappha: Iannis Xenakis
21. (38:26) She Was A Visitor: Robert Ashley
22. (39:44) Erewhon: Hugues Dufourt
23. (47:53) Desintegrations: Tristan Murail
24. (53:41) Lascaux: Daniel Lentz

Something for everyone!

Get yer sleevenotes here:

http://johnsonsrambler.wordpress.com/2007/05/14/blogariddims-22-disintegrations/

jenks

thread death
Just saw this being automatically downloaded via itunes.

Looks absolutely fascinating - the quality of these has been exemplary - loved the Miles inspired one and thought Droid's last could have been given more a bit more recognition.

Also agree with all the praise for Heatwave's England Story. I thought that Heatwave should have been given the job of putting together an alternative Soul Brittania documentary to counteract a rather dull job done by BBC4.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Thanks for the kind words! Glad the Miles one didn't totally non-plus everyone.

I LOVED the droid one, probably the best ragga mix of the year so far.

Of course I loved John's too - though I'd love the chance to mix those tunes myself! ;)

There's the usual post-Beltane rush of great new music at the moment - the FWD sets, a heap of Blogariddims, Plastician's new mix, a deluge of sets from Dubstep Changed My Life at Streamizm (everyone's raving about the Reso vs Rusko one - check out the video, it's MENTAL).

I'm putting all my energy into finishing dubstep sufferah 3 before starting anything new - getting there, should be up for solstice, and it looks like I'll have a lot more time this week than I thought I would.

Big up rambler for this mix - there isn't another mix series in the world that would have a tracklisting like that!

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
the miles davis mix is blooooody brilliant, gorgeous space perfect for sitting in the dark. Will listen to the new rambler one tomorrow, greatly looking forward to it.

EDIT: I just cant get over how good this mix is, its like the musical representation of a perfect psychic state.

Last edited:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Thanks fella - that's the inspirational nature of Miles for you! When you edit the trax to keep the focus firmly on him, and cut all the best tunes together, the depth of Miles' vision just wallops you.

Many hours of work went into it too, which helps!

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
i was jusssssst enjoying the heatwave england story mix, and what do you know? When i look at my itunes, a beautiful new heatwave mix being downloaded! Looking forward to it.