rolling blogariddims thread

gabriel

The Heatwave
i was jusssssst enjoying the heatwave england story mix, and what do you know? When i look at my itunes, a beautiful new heatwave mix being downloaded! Looking forward to it.

nice! as mentioned above, Episode 23 now available: The Heatwave - La Ola De Calor

www.scandalbag.com/blogariddims23.html

1. Capital D & Ini Kamoze - World A Music
2. Alika - Ejército Despierta
3. Arzu - Amor
4. Tego Calderón - Slow Mo
5. Vico C - Bomba Para Afincar
6. Punaman - Música Reggae
7. Candyman - El Pru
8. Rude Girl aka La Atrevida - Si El Hombre Quiere
9. Sasha - Poppy
10. Jimmy Bad Boy - Movimiento Sabroso
11. Ivy Queen - Papi Te Quiero
12. Brian Kidd - Get To Poppin'
13. Notch - Ay Qué Bueno
14. Ozomatli - Cumbia
15. Candyman y La Familia - Caramelo
16. Tony Touch & Vico C - Para Mi Barrio
17. Tego Calderón - Las Gatas Gozen
18. Voltio - Julito Maraña
19. Wisin & Yandel - En La Disco Bailoteo
20. Alexis & Fido - Kumbiatón
21. Celso Piña feat Control Machete & Blanquito Man - Cumbia Sobre El Rio (Sueña)
22. Los 12 Discípulos - Quítate Tú Pa' Ponerme Yo
23. Voltio & Notch - Bad Mothers From P.R.
24. Ras Mario, Timedo Flow & Filastine - Quémalo Ya
25. Daddy Maza - El Tic
26. Renato - Soy El Más Sensual
27. Gaby - El Meneaito
28. Cutty Ranks - Hot Girls
29. Principal - El Rey De Dancehall
30. Banton - Sextyle
31. Yungun & Viceman - Gringo Lingo
32. Nelly Furtado & Calle 13 - No Hay Igual
33. Don Omar & Beenie Man - Belly Danza
34. Kali - Mi Droga
35. Match & Daddy - Pásame La Botella
36. Pitbull - Toma

bruno

est malade
Thanks fella - that's the inspirational nature of Miles for you! When you edit the trax to keep the focus firmly on him, and cut all the best tunes together, the depth of Miles' vision just wallops you.

Many hours of work went into it too, which helps!
very nice mix, 2stepfan!

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
New mix just posted by Autonmic, my itunes isn't picking it up but a direct downbload is here : !!!!!!

Looking like it's going to be a beast and a half. Minimal and more minimal dubstep all mixed up together, right up my street.

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
been on the speakers all day, brilliant mix paul, and i like the drowned world ie in in the notes. quality. more blogariddims soon!

nomos

Administrator

Blogariddims 24/Moving South

The final episode of the current Blogariddims series. Paul Autonomic presents 'Moving South,' an Ableton mix of up-style beats from the pioneers of the mutant groove. Full tracklisting and notes can be found at http://www.deeptime.net/blog/?p=136

[00:00] Ricardo Villalobos 'Fizheuer Zieheuer Pt. 1' (Playhouse)
[02:00] Phylyps 'Untitled A' Trak II (Basic Channel)
[06:15] Rhythm & Sound w/ Tikiman 'Music a Fe Rule' (Rhythm & Sound)
[11:30] Junior Boys 'Like a Child' Carl Craig Remix (Domnino)
[14:00] Henry & Louis meets Blue & Red 'Answer' Pinch Remix (2 Kings)
[15:30] Shackleton 'I Want to Eat You' (Mordant Music)
[20:00] Shackleton 'Tin Foil Sky' (Skull Disco)
[22:00] Mike Oldfield 'Evacuation' The Killing Fields OST (Virgin)
[23:15] RSD 'Pretty Bright Light' (Punch Drunk)
[25:30] Massive Music and kode9 'Find My Way' (Hyperdub)
[28:00] Mala 'Left Leg Out' (DMZ)
[31:30] Smith & Mighty 'B-Line Fi Blow' (Studio !K7)
[34:30] Junior Boys 'Double Shadow' kode9 Remix w/ Space Ape (Domino)
[37:15] TRG 'Put You Down' (Hessle Audio)
[39:30] Mala 'Bury the Bwoy' (DMZ)
[41:30] kode9 'Magnetic City' (Soul Jazz)
[42:30] Peverelist 'The Grind' (Punch Drunk)
[44:00] Substance & Vainqueur 'Immersion' (Scion Versions)
[46:30] Mala 'Forgive' (Deep Medi)
[52:00] Shackleton 'You Bring Me Down' (Skull Disco)
[57:00] Polmo Polpo 'Like Hearts Swelling' (Constellation)
[64:00] Burial 'Gutted' (Hyperdub)

See http://www.deeptime.net/blog/?p=136 for more info

STN

sou'wester
Cannot wait for this one. The summer that B-Line fi Blow came out it seemed like you couldn't go anywhere in Bristol without hearing it.

nomos

Administrator
One tip for listeners - I just noticed that some of the basslines were clipping. The distortion's not in the file itself but in an iTunes setting (the default for the Podcast I think).

Select the file, go to File > Get Info > Options and set the Volume Adjustment to "None."

bassnation

the abyss
One tip for listeners - I just noticed that some of the basslines were clipping. The distortion's not in the file itself but in an iTunes setting (the default for the Podcast I think).

Select the file, go to File > Get Info > Options and set the Volume Adjustment to "None."

i'm loving this paul - like mms said wrt to the kode9 sonar mix, mixes of this quality are reawakening my interest in dubstep, something that had been withering on the vine, as they say. will give you some proper feedback once i've had a chance to give it some repeat listens. whats that beatless track towards the end? beautiful plainative mood.

nomos

Administrator
aww, thanks a lot marc. i was wondering what you'd think of it.

that one near the end is polmo polpo.

gek-opel

entered apprentice
Nomos: This mix is ridiculously good. The fluidity of mixing and some of some of the blends are exquisitely well thought out- at no point does the genre-bending come across as aimless. And a Pinch remix that had escaped my attention too!

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I only just realised that these were downloadable :eek: , so I'm playing catch-up in the immortal words of Henry Kelly.

And they're bloody brilliant. I'm particularly into #23 (Heatwave - La Ola de Calor) at the moment - just amazing, and I'd love to have a bit more info about some of the artists. is there a write-up that I missed?

jenks

thread death
I have just seen that a new one is being automatically downloaded via itunes - much excitement!!!

STN

sou'wester
Looks lovely, but it won't download automatically. It's not coming up on iTunes so I can't just click 'Get' and I don't really want to subscribe again as presumably it'll download all the ones I already have.