rolling blogariddims thread

D

droid

your joke injected a dose of panic in me. i've since spent considerable time last sunday dl'ing (what should hopefully amount to) all 48 mixes thinking i may not get the chance in the foreseeable future. i'm late as usual.

Oh no! Really sorry!. Hope your bandwidth didn't suffer too much. maybe I should publicise this joke a bit more - its obviously good marketing. :D

Anyway. Send me your address via mail droid (at) the fear.ie and ill post you a blogariddims related pressie to make up.

D

droid

Indeed:

Blogariddims 50 / Terminus

bloga50_itunes.jpg

Droid said:
We're ending the series with a collection of short sets from some of the most crucial contributors, each of whom has produced roughly 7 minutes of music that has been slotted together to form this CD length final episode.

1. Nomos
2. John Eden and Paul Meme
3. Matt B
4. The Rambler
5. Wayne
6. Droid
7. Gutta
8. Heatwave
9. Hal
10. DJ Flack
11. Slug

This one is done relay style with each blog post linking to the next. Start here:

http://www.weareie.com/2008/10/blogariddims-50-terminus.html

jenks

thread death
Thanks for these. I have picked up on some fabulous music via the fortnightly arrival of yet more sonic delight.

Well done Droid for keeping it going for the full fifty.

Delightful.

soundslike1981

Congratulations and well done, Droid and everyone who contributed. So very cool to see one of those great ideas on the internet fully pay off. And I thank you for letting me participate.

zhao

there are no accidents
still have not finished listening to these, and really enjoying it. i think i will start another thread of specific individual response to each one sometime soon...

john eden

male pale and stale
Listened to #50 twice now and I really like the variation in it.

Matt B's "intros round" is awesome!

Rambler

Awanturnik
Really loving this, and the papertrail of blogposts that goes with it. Top idea, Droid, and a fitting way to round things off. Don't know what a dilettante like me is doing in the middle there, but thanks for the opportunity to muck around like this!

matt b

Indexing all opinion
Listened to #50 twice now and I really like the variation in it.

Matt B's "intros round" is awesome!

you're very kind. i think the whole mix is ace. loads of information to uncode. different bits reveal themselves over a number of listens

viktorvaughn

Yeah big up all!

Think my faves are the England Story and Roots Reality and Culture but LOADS of them are amazing and have introduced me to some great new music. Thankyou.

john eden

male pale and stale
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2008/oct/22/new-music-on-wednesday

V/A – Blogariddims final episode
(from uncarved.org among others)
The last instalment of the ever-adventurous Blogariddims podcast series, which brought together grime, dubstep and reggae's finest musicians and bloggers in fortnightly collaborations. Highlights included Heatwave's retrospective mix of 25 years of English MCs, which became a bestseller for Soul Jazz records when they released it on CD earlier this year. Blogariddims will be missed - check out the series archive to hear why.

john eden

male pale and stale
Some shy bloke emailed it me.

Actually I'm getting a bit worried about him as he also texted me a photo of an anteater today.