what did you listen to today?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
He got signed to Warners and they gave him a big push.

Isn't an 'industry plant' when someone is totally created by a major label?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
It's funny isn't it that this is part of the game to be covered by the media. As a rapper, I mean. You need to do "outrageous" videos or have "provocative" titles like "CANCELLED". You need to do songs about hating the Tories.

Mind you Pa Salieu doesn't do this stuff. I guess his hook is the African angle. (Also he makes stuff like 'Frontline' which is really good and sticks out a mile.)

hes not all that. just has a bit of a coventry accent. which appeals to the media cos the provinces in their codings is indie so when anything more urban comes out of them its immediately latched onto and drained of all vitality. But it's clear that it was UK drill going mercury prize. Could not have happened in ldn, too much of a bad reputation. Music journalists love old bill!

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Oliver Craner was the last great music journalist. everyone after him has been uniformly terrible. Philip sherburne? boring. Chal Ravens? Boring. Will Pritchard? Boring. Sean Reynaldo? The absolute worst.

We need Ollie to bang mehriban and create Jihad Kullkarni

luka

Oliver Craner was the last great music journalist. everyone after him has been uniformly terrible. Philip sherburne? boring. Chal Ravens? Boring. Will Pritchard? Boring. Sean Reynaldo? The absolute worst.

We need Ollie to bang mehriban and create Jihad Kullkarni
a lot of people say i was better than Craner. Not me though, I wouldn't say that. I would say thirdform and barty are very good music journalists. i think mvuent says cool things too.

luka

Cuban music has been popular in Sub-Saharan Africa since the mid-twentieth century. It was Cuban music, more than any other, that provided the initial template for Afropop. To the Africans, clave-based Cuban popular music sounded both familiar and exotic.[1] The Encyclopedia of Africa v. 1. states:

"Beginning in the 1940s, Afro-Cuban [son] groups such as Septeto Habanero and Trio Matamoros gained widespread popularity in the Congo region as a result of airplay over Radio Congo Belge, a powerful radio station based in Léopoldville (now Kinshasa DRC). A proliferation of music clubs, recording studios, and concert appearances of Cuban bands in Léopoldville spurred on the Cuban music trend during the late 1940s and 1950s."[2]

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Cubans fought in a few hot spots

Where the cultural influence is strong there’s always some transactional draw, see young Afghans getting US military short back and sides