Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 82 of 82

Thread: Can you smell impeachment?

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hundredmillionlifetimes View Post
    Whereas its not simply hard, but impossible, for you to properly study both the relevant international law and history, when a Big Other soundbite will do.
    So a yes/no answer to a yes/no question is a 'soundbite'? Er, OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by hundredmillionlifetimes View Post
    You're oblivious to your own contradictions.

    It was the illogical ludicrousness of the original claim - withdrawing a film because the film-maker believed it to be harmless - that had its corollory in the equally ludicrous screening of a film because it is believed to be harmful. But you'd rather rant about what you might do with an umbrella that you don't have ...
    So the idea that he might have withdrawn the film because he knew others to have believed it harmful - with all the implications this might have had for the funding and distribution of any films he might make in the future - simply didn't occur to you?
    Oh, and nice whitewash over your glaring dislogic, by the way.

    Quote Originally Posted by hundredmillionlifetimes View Post
    High crimes and misdemeanors excluding the category of war crimes, of course.
    Yet you earlier called for Bush "to be impeached for war crimes". How rare.

    Quote Originally Posted by hundredmillionlifetimes View Post
    Because it was irrelevant and dishonest, being a chronic misreading of the law, here again repeaded by yourself.
    Eh? You're not even making a stupid kind of sense now. Presidents can be impeached for what amounts to crimes against their own country, NOT war crimes committed against another country. OG was correcting your misinterpretation of the meaning of impeachment and got insulted for his trouble. I've just been reading up about it on Wikipedia and he's dead right, of course. How horribly dishonest!

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeach..._United_States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_cr...d_misdemeanors

    I also like the way you've gone from claiming that Clinton was *almost* impeached for having an affair, to having a go at OG when he pointed out that Clinton WAS impeached, and for the crime of perjury, to using this fact in your next rebuff to OG, along with a bitchy "Oh please, we know!" (well, you do now, because he just told you). Classy stuff, I have to say.
    Not to mention how Bush should now be impeached for lying about the WMDs rather than war crimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by hundredmillionlifetimes View Post
    No, digital computation is not based on quantum mechanics, as noted in the relevant thread elsewhere on this forum.

    You've got your fingers in your ears, your eyes closed and are going "LALALALALALA!!!", aren't you?
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 18-03-2007 at 11:34 AM.

  2. #77

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,573

    Default

    "Was Plame covert?

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032101788.html"
    The gist of that article seems to be that you might (and I emphasize might) be able to make a case that Plame wasn't a covert agent. There is no suggestion however that Rove/Scooter etc knew this to be the case when they vindictively leaked her name so it hardly makes their actions any less reprehensible.

  4. #79

    Default

    That's your opinion, but it certainly makes what they did less illegal.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,573

    Default

    "That's your opinion, but it certainly makes what they did less illegal"
    If she wasn't covert which hasn't been proven so it's not certain is it?

    If it were proven to be the case then, yes, it would be "less illegal" but I think you would agree that their actions would still be morally wrong. Previously you argued that morality is more important than law so I don't see what your point is.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    22,359

    Default

    Good example of wishful thinking here and relevant to the current situation.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    4,104

    Default

    impeachment is a token gesture, like a non-binding vote. a meaningless procedural act . trump has no shame, so unlike Nixon (and like Clinton), he won't step down. just vote the fucker out in 2020 and hope he doesn't burn the place down entirely before then.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •