Synth Recommendations

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
aaaaall about the prophet 5. it will be mine, oh yes. it will be mine etc

Prophet5.jpg

BTW. anyone know anywhere Londonish that will give a Roland Juno 106 a good service? it still sounds great but the polyphony has started to go.. needs a bit of TLC. any help appreciated, really don't know where to start.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Good GOD that's a great fucking record o_O Every synth sound is a killer isn't it?? I love the burbly squelchathon bubbling away in the background.

Never replied to this, sorry. If anyone can find any similar post-disco proto-Miami bass stuff, please let me know! Apart from Noel Williams, who produced it, and who I've exhaustively researched...

massrock

Anyone know what kind of synth would produce the opening bass riff here? Cos I want it!
It's probably a Moog of some sort (Mini / Rogue / Source / Prodigy / Micro) I would say, but could equally be a Pro-One or a Korg MS, hard to say from youtube quality. Sounds like there's a bass guitar in there as well. It's all guess work, you can get that kind of squelch from lots of things through a decent filter.

Nice track.

massrock

BTW. anyone know anywhere Londonish that will give a Roland Juno 106 a good service? it still sounds great but the polyphony has started to go.. needs a bit of TLC. any help appreciated, really don't know where to start.
The voice chips on 106s are notorious for conking out. There's a company that makes replacement clones. If that's the problem you could probably order some chips and fit them yourself.

http://www.analoguerenaissance.com/D80017/

massrock

This is my favourite youtube synth demonstration video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

urbanite

subnoto
This is my favourite youtube synth demonstration video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

haha... the worst is that just up until a couple of years ago that's how most of the Russian pop music was done :(

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
i ran into an old friend last night. he said that he had just sold off most of his beloved studio stuff, including moog prodigy, korg ms10, yamaha dx-7, novation supernova, his old 2 track reel-to-reel and roland space echo. he sold them all on ebay very quickly for a fraction of their worth because he needed to raise a couple of grand to pay a few months of overdue rent.. HARSH :(

Simon78

If you want a cheap moog then go for a Realistic MG-1. It was made by moog for Realistic/Tandy.

Loads of cool sounds and some serious bass. They pop up on ebay quite a lot.

3 Body No Problem

i ran into an old friend last night. he said that he had just sold off most of his beloved studio stuff, including moog prodigy, korg ms10, yamaha dx-7, novation supernova, his old 2 track reel-to-reel and roland space echo. he sold them all on ebay very quickly for a fraction of their worth because he needed to raise a couple of grand to pay a few months of overdue rent.. HARSH :(

That's surprising. I sold all my analog great a few years back, including a Prodigy, MS-20 and so on. I made a total killing, got way more than I paid for these machines. It wasn't even hard, just put everything up on ebay.

Benny Bunter

I've been thinking about buying a microkorg, they look wicked for the price and I like the idea of having a vocoder. Anyone used one of these?