Size Zero Bullshit

IdleRich

IdleRich
"I think Ann Arbor's more of a college football town than college basketball... most people don't pay attention until the end-of-season tournament, where tradition states you must throw down at least $5 in a "pool" betting on the fortunes of 64 teams so that for an entire month all social discourse at work is about bizarre realms like "Gonzaga" and "Washington State." This does not occur until March. Anyway, as with fried food, the U.S. is awash in more televised sports than is necessary or healthy.
IR, I don't know if you are looking for dining recommendations, but the Earthen Jar is all vegan Indian food, and you pay by the weight of the food you order. I forget the name of the sushi place I went to, but there are several. There's also a really good Korean place outside of the campus area... Seoul Garden I think? Also great record stores and thrift shops there, you're really in the gem of the region. There was a chance I would be moving to AA a year ago and I was looking forward to it."
Ah, cheers for the tips Gavin but I'm back in the UK now - should have asked before I went really I guess. But I don't mean to be too negative, the town centre was lovely and on the one day when I did get a bit of free time I went to a record shop called Encore which was really good, if I'd have had more time and more space to carry things back I'm sure I would have ended up with more records than I did. Did see the Indian restaurant I think but only in passing, we tried to check out the Ethiopian one we heard recommended but unfortunately it was closed when we arrived. The beer was generally good, normally a good selection with a range of stuff from horrible (bud light) to delicious (some blueberry stout I forget the name of). Also, the problem is that I like the greasy food - I just felt so dirty afterwards every time. Anyways, derailed this thread too much so I'll shut up now.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Thanks Henry.... but I don't think it's likely unfortunately, the reason I was there was because the UK branch of the company I work for is being sold by the US head office which is based in Ann Arbor. Think this was the first and last time I'll be going abroad on a business trip.