What's your homepage?

Woebot

I've grown sick of this:

news.bbc.co.uk

it seems to get more and more lowbrow :confused:

have switched to google just because it's more inert.

swears

preppy-kei
I've had google for the last couple of years, simply because it's the one site I use the most.

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
It's gotta be Google for so many reasons. I'm waiting for the day I just can have it implanted into my eyeball.

arcaNa

Snakes + Ladders
have switched to google just because it's more inert.
I used to have G**gle as my startpage too, but switched after I noticed they sent a spyware tracker thingy after me, re-appearing even after I blocked it...
It still pops up every time I log into a secure connection...

polymorphic

Spatt Mendlove
don't got one..

Firefox helpfully remembers my last browsing session and I carry on from there. New tabs open without a URL unless you type one.

Go the fox :)

daddek

everything you do on google is tracked and compiled so that they can build a comprehensive profile their users. The aim, as stated by google top boy (i forget his name), is that in few years time you'll be able to ask google what religion best suits you, and it will give you a personalised answer based on your internet browsing history. He claims their centralised information processing network is reaching near-sentinent ability. Read any recent google statement on the matter, they're being open about it. Google are on a total information takeover right now, and I really don't know if that's a good thing. So google.com/ig is no longer my homepage.

blubeat

blubeat
I always used a blank page but like polymorphic I use sessions in Firefox. I also run FF from a USB key therefore when I unplug it at work and bring it home it opens up with the tabs that I had open at work.

That said I do now have a home page. I use NetVibes.com - I played around with google/ig and the rest but nothing comes close to netvibes. It is so ridiculously good. Every time someone shows me their Google/ig page I let them see my netvibes page and they go very quiet!

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Firefox helpfully remembers my last browsing session and I carry on from there. New tabs open without a URL unless you type one.

This only happens for me when Firefox crashes. Is there a way to have it reload the old page(s) that were there when you closed it?

Although, this may be a moot point as, when at home i usually just log onto my computer to check my gmail, or use google to solve an argument weve been having. So those are usually the last pages i used.

Ive always hated corporations and governments gathering info about me, much the same as most people. But really, i dunno. For some reason google doing it so they can cater ads better to me, ads i usually ignore, doesnt bother me as much as it could (should?).

ome

set up eGroupWare on a $3 a month account using google.apps inside it for feeds and stuff.

polymorphic

Spatt Mendlove
This only happens for me when Firefox crashes. Is there a way to have it reload the old page(s) that were there when you closed it?

Try upgrading FF - prob started remembering state in v2, just go the lastest..

Also, I use Google Browser Sync for sharing bookmarks. That has a session remember feature also as a backup option.

barry_abs

lil' beyutch
google.com/ig with my favourite feeds..

i find the google search history useful and interesting.. it's a great memory jogging tool..

i looked up a random date from a couple years back - i'd been searching on System of a Down.. the whole day came back to me even down to what i had for tea..

rewch

http://www.dada.com/

it was subject to a dispute (& may still be) as there is a korean clothing manufacturer called dada... the picture changes very occasionally... although it hasn't done now for about a year (it was last duchamp's readdymade bicycle wheel)... something appropriate though about a page that never changes is called dada & leads nowhere...