Great 4x4 Garage

sadmanbarty

Can anyone point me to pre-2000 live sets and radio sets that are predominantly Speed Garage?

By Speed Garage I mean it's darker with big bass, maybe some ragga chat, gunshots, etc., rather than US Garage imports and UK imitations of those imports. Stuff like Spin Spin Sugar, Cape Fear, Gunman and RIP Groove rather then Todd Edwards and early Nice N' Ripe.

So far I've found these:

(first half hour)

With other 'nuum genres I can find dozens, if not hundreds, of contemporaneous sets, whereas I can't seem to find much Speed Garage. Was it never really a fully fledged scene?

It's worthwile to remember that the term speed garage is almost universally loathed in the Garage scene, it was seen as a media imposed attempt to pigeonhole and sell shit compilation CDs. That probably doesn't help nowadays with google searches. But the point stands that there are few sets that focus just on this sound, presumably no pirate DJ had just those type of tunes in the bag. I'm guessing that kind of show would be overkill after a while.

There is this Sharkey P Ice Fm set.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xlh5d0

101% speed garage anthems 1 has a fair amount of this kind of stuff, I'll upload the Ramsey & Fen volume later as that goes into more up north territory as well.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/xh15t0

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Still need it

My neighbour is mixing garage I could hear it as I was shitting

Dream lover Mariah remix etc.

Best music ever, makes me envisage good times

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Special request: does anyone here have a copy of DJ GIB - MAXIMUM OLD SCHOOL VOL 3? It is one of my favourite mixes ever ever and I have lost my copy. Can't find it online anywhere. NEED THIS MIX FOR SUMMER!

This is still the case

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Ask and ye shall receive

Once i get it I solemnly swear to upload on youtube so i'll never have to ask again (for a while)

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Nah it was real

I dunno if it was as good as i remember it but my memory of it is that it was everything i wanted in a mix