Great 4x4 Garage

denoir

Did an oldskool garage mix for Pub Pelukas crew based in Gran Canaria, their 50th podcast. It's mixed *nerdily* in chronological order by year of release :rolleyes:, 1995-1998 with the exception of unreleased vocal version of As I Am remix (not sure when that one was made).

https://soundcloud.com/denoir/denoir-pub-pelukas-mix-vol-50

---Tracklist---
Tuff Jam - Feel My Heart (Classic Edit)
Smokin Beats - Jazz In The House (Dope Mix)
Plutonic - Addicted (DJ Disciple Remix)
Thump N Johnson - Valley Of Love (TJ Cases Dub)
Steve Gurley + Jason Kaye - Set It Out
RAF - I Need
Jocelyn Enriquez - A Little Bit Of Ecstasy (Booker T Dub)
Pisces (aka MJ Cole) - Never Forget
Debbie Pender - Movin' On (Industry Standard remix)
Ordinary People - Keep Your Love
Anthill Mob - Things Just Started
Tina Moore - Nobody Better (Dem 2 remix)
Chris Mac - Rydim 4 Ya
Underground Solution - Get Happy
Gass - Dark (2 As 1 & MJ Cole Remix)
De Souza - Keep It Coming (Dem 2 Twist Up Dub Mix)
Groove Elastic - Ease Your Mind
Sound Of One - As I Am (Todd Edwards Unreleased Vocal Mix)
D.E.A - Friends
Donna Dee - Clock The Dough
Dub Syndicate - White label
Y-Tribe - Baby (remix)
Darius Isaacs - Music (Deep)
Ordinary People - The Message
Peekay - Sweet Sensation (Tuff Jam's Caution Dub)
Myron - We Can Get Down (Groove Chronicles Remix)

benw

this is a slight thread hijack but can anyone ID this track?

Un-known Genius / Dizzy Rascal 

its at the end of Woebot's Noir Desire mix... can upload a clip tomorrow but its basically a dirty dj narrows style 4x4 bootleg of stand up tall.....

benw

this is a slight thread hijack but can anyone ID this track?

Un-known Genius / Dizzy Rascal 

its at the end of Woebot's Noir Desire mix... can upload a clip tomorrow but its basically a dirty dj narrows style 4x4 bootleg of stand up tall.....

sorry when i say ID what I meant was... help me find it on discogs / anywhere!!!

sufi

lala
The nub of the original complaint, principally advanced by Mr Pascal, is that the words of the rap (or at least that part contributed by Elephant Man) contained references to violence and drugs. This led to the faintly surreal experience of three gentlemen in horsehair wigs examining the meaning of such phrases as "mish mish man" and "shizzle (or sizzle) my nizzle".

The "author" in the present case is the Third Claimant, Mr Alcee. The assignment of his copyright to the First and/or Second Claimants does not affect his authorship. The First and Second Claimants are not entitled to complain of prejudice to their honour or reputation. Thus the evidence that I heard about the kinds of songs produced by Confetti, and in particular about the meaning of the lyrics of "Champion Puffa", is, to my mind, irrelevant.

When played at normal speed the words of the rap overlying "Burnin" are very hard to decipher, and indeed the parties disagreed on what the words were. Even when played at half speed there were disagreements about the lyrics. The very fact that the words are hard to decipher itself militates against the conclusion that the treatment was "derogatory" in the statutory sense.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2003/1274.html brilliant, via mosdan's twitter

NATO

Did an oldskool garage mix for Pub Pelukas crew based in Gran Canaria, their 50th podcast. It's mixed *nerdily* in chronological order by year of release :rolleyes:, 1995-1998 with the exception of unreleased vocal version of As I Am remix (not sure when that one was made).

https://soundcloud.com/denoir/denoir-pub-pelukas-mix-vol-50

---Tracklist---
Tuff Jam - Feel My Heart (Classic Edit)
Smokin Beats - Jazz In The House (Dope Mix)
Plutonic - Addicted (DJ Disciple Remix)
Thump N Johnson - Valley Of Love (TJ Cases Dub)
Steve Gurley + Jason Kaye - Set It Out
RAF - I Need
Jocelyn Enriquez - A Little Bit Of Ecstasy (Booker T Dub)
Pisces (aka MJ Cole) - Never Forget
Debbie Pender - Movin' On (Industry Standard remix)
Ordinary People - Keep Your Love
Anthill Mob - Things Just Started
Tina Moore - Nobody Better (Dem 2 remix)
Chris Mac - Rydim 4 Ya
Underground Solution - Get Happy
Gass - Dark (2 As 1 & MJ Cole Remix)
De Souza - Keep It Coming (Dem 2 Twist Up Dub Mix)
Groove Elastic - Ease Your Mind
Sound Of One - As I Am (Todd Edwards Unreleased Vocal Mix)
D.E.A - Friends
Donna Dee - Clock The Dough
Dub Syndicate - White label
Y-Tribe - Baby (remix)
Darius Isaacs - Music (Deep)
Ordinary People - The Message
Peekay - Sweet Sensation (Tuff Jam's Caution Dub)
Myron - We Can Get Down (Groove Chronicles Remix)

I love this mix and keep on coming back to it, big up Denoir!

The nub of the original complaint, principally advanced by Mr Pascal, is that the words of the rap (or at least that part contributed by Elephant Man) contained references to violence and drugs. This led to the faintly surreal experience of three gentlemen in horsehair wigs examining the meaning of such phrases as "mish mish man" and "shizzle (or sizzle) my nizzle".

The "author" in the present case is the Third Claimant, Mr Alcee. The assignment of his copyright to the First and/or Second Claimants does not affect his authorship. The First and Second Claimants are not entitled to complain of prejudice to their honour or reputation. Thus the evidence that I heard about the kinds of songs produced by Confetti, and in particular about the meaning of the lyrics of "Champion Puffa", is, to my mind, irrelevant.

When played at normal speed the words of the rap overlying "Burnin" are very hard to decipher, and indeed the parties disagreed on what the words were. Even when played at half speed there were disagreements about the lyrics. The very fact that the words are hard to decipher itself militates against the conclusion that the treatment was "derogatory" in the statutory sense.

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2003/1274.html brilliant, via mosdan's twitter

I'm amazed anyone thought that sales of Burning would be lucrative enough to think they would be threatened by the 'crisp biscuit' mixing techniques of Fonti. Something tells me whoever launched this court case lost tens of thousands of pounds. Is this why Confetti Records had a five year hiatus.

with a wheeling ma dealing gimme dem a feelin sparks on the monna monna mic I'm talking.
I like when the beat starts rolling who's on the mic controlling.

---------------------------

Does anyone know the name of the 4/4 garage tune that's in the charts right now? At least I think it's in the charts. I've heard it played on Northern Irish commercial radio stations so it's clearly got major label support. It's got a a male vocalist and sounds very 2001.

Benny Bunter

Does anyone know the name of the 4/4 garage tune that's in the charts right now? At least I think it's in the charts. I've heard it played on Northern Irish commercial radio stations so it's clearly got major label support. It's got a a male vocalist and sounds very 2001.

do you mean this?

Shift K3y - touch

craner

Beast of Burden
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9m6Q_ik4ofc?list=PLF8E99B50E8ED0400" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has anyone bettered this yet?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Special request: does anyone here have a copy of DJ GIB - MAXIMUM OLD SCHOOL VOL 3? It is one of my favourite mixes ever ever and I have lost my copy. Can't find it online anywhere. NEED THIS MIX FOR SUMMER!