Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: crappest party you've ever attended

Quote Originally Posted by Connell View Post
    somehow i ended up at a 'party' at a steriod freaks house

i walked out to be confronted with the guy shooting steriods into his arm.
    ah, yes, the ultimate party drug, steroids...

Quote Originally Posted by nomadthesecond View Post

ever notice how certain music can make bad trips much worse? cocaine and amphetamines are sure to bring on a really aggressive, scary bad trip...opiates or benzos make a nice peaceful epic one
    don't ever listen to acid mother temple, just because it has acid in the title, you will regret it when you become convinced your world is governed by some festering organic computer.

Quote Originally Posted by nomadthesecond View Post
    bad trips are just good trips where the magic turns evil...i kinda like bad trips depending on how long they last
    yeah i agree, i've never had a solely 'good' or 'bad' trip really, there's always elements of both, and the line between them is always blurred. Whenever it's good it always seems on the brink, threatening to spill over at any moment into darkness, and vice versa. But the bad bits are always strangely fun and worthwhile i reckon - unless it's so dark/intense that you can't laugh about it afterwards. One of my friends had such a bad trip once that afterwards even smoking a spliff almost gave him a panic attack. But he was a pretty stressy/anxious/highly strung fella to begin with.

funnily enough there was a bit this morning in the pynchon book i'm reading that describes something almost exactly the same. A group of Siberian nomads regularly eating mushrooms: "There was apparently a two-part structure to the narrative, part one being pleasant, visually entertaining, spiritually enlightening, and part two filled with unspeakable horror. The fungomaniacs did not seem to put out at any of this, regarding one as the price of the other."

anyway sorry for turning this into a drug thread, more crap parties please

Quote Originally Posted by STN View Post
    don't ever listen to acid mother temple, just because it has acid in the title, you will regret it when you become convinced your world is governed by some festering organic computer.
    I had some really weird, trippy pills once in a tiny dark basement room in a club in Hackney, listening to this brilliant sorta cold, cyber-ish (but not in a cheesy way) techno-cum-EBM, thinking "Wow, this sounds like Gary Numan mating with HAL 9000". Yes, it was as as it sounds.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Never been to a party that was 100% crap, I think that's 'cause I'm quite choosy about which ones I go to. I have, however, had a notably crap experience in the run-up to a party:

Back when I was in uni, a girl on our course decided to host a 'Tim Burton party' where everyone had to come dressed as a character from one of his films. I felt this was moderately pretensious as a party idea, but to be honest I quite fancied the girl at the time, and I knew from past occasions that her and her flatmate and their immediate circle of friends were all good fun, so I reckoned if the party had a lot of poseur types I could just hang out wiht people I knew.
    However, I'm not exactly the best at dressing up, so after faffing about with various ideas, I decided that my best bet was to go as the Joker, as performed by Jack Nicholson. I was making a decent stab at it, but thought I really needed a proper approximation of the jacket and tie for it to work. There was a charity shop near my flat where I knew I could pick up clothes for very little money. I went in there on the afternoon of the party, found a tie which I still think is pretty nice, and a sure enough, a purple jacket - only problem is that is was obviously designed for a female wearer.
    I marched up to the counter with, and got just a bit of a look from the male assistant. Now, what I should have done was just ignored him, shoved over my money and got out of there with the clothes pronto. But instead, I blurted out "Uhhh.. the jacket's not for me." He was like, "Oh right?", and then I had to go and say "It's, uhhh... for my girlfriend, it's her birthday soon. She likes purple stuff, and she's keen on giving to charity, so I thought I was quids in with this." He obviously didn't believe a word of this and started to joking to his female colleague about how I would probably be putting it on as soon as I was out on the street. I left with a very red face.

So the actual party was still a laugh, but as you've probably guessed, this was mainly an excuse to tell that story. Needless to say, I've never been back to that shop.

I've bought girls jeans, jumpers and cardigans to wear myself before, ain't no big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by petergunn View Post
    ah, yes, the ultimate party drug, steroids...
    pff, I'll bet it was "steroids"...

Not to mention the fact that anabolic steroids are always an intramuscular injection, so usually it's injected into the hip, or the thigh muscle or maaaybe the bicep, but most people (esp body builders) avoid having tracks on their arms.

The absolute worst are the ones with a handful of people who can't hold a conversation. A horrible but eventful party is at least something and preferable to rolling up somewhere and being hit with that sinking feeling when it's five or six people sat quietly in someone's kitchen with a tiny speaker.

One of my mates had a house party in school which culminated in two guys attempting to fight his dad and someone attempting to jump onto a trampoline from an upstairs window, completely missing and landing on the concrete beside it.