Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dizzee Rascal- Maths and English

simon silverdollar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
    has this leaked then? if someone could possibly inbox me a link i would be very grateful.
    i doubt it. reviewers need to go to the beggar's banquet offices to listen to it- no promo copies are being sent out.

Default Dizzee Rascal presents......

From Dizzee's press office:

"In the lead up to the release of the single and album, you can catch Dizzee in action on the following TV shows, starting tonight.

Friday 11th May - Later With Jools Holland - 23.35 BBC2

He performs "Excuse Me Please" exclusive - as never before or will ever be seen again. Features Winston Blissett of Massive Attack on bass and Dave Hirscheimer AKA Satan from UK metal band Fuckshovel on drums."

Dizzee going on seriously differently...

So I forced all my flatmates to watch 2 fucking travis songs and endure that cock Jools Holland and his shitty boogie woogie piano before Dizzee even came on.

Can't say he was really worth waiting for. He's managed to turn into someone as inoffensive as all the rest of the Jools acts. That's quite a feat considering yesterday they included Beverly Knight! I'm kinda hoping it was on a one off "special" for the Jools vibe... anyway he was blown out of the water by Joanna Newsom later in the show (the only even vaugely tolerable act tbh).

Still, I've got tix to see the Dirtee Stank tour and shall be ravin' it up at the front. Sure it'll be a good show.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdown View Post
    Dizzee going on seriously differently...
    not so much differently as um, pretty boring. i thought the bassist was good but the whole song just sounded so twee and inoffensive almost stoner ish brit rap. the flow was really simplistic and boring too, until the last verse.

he just seemed lethargic and unconvincing - luckily i got homechoice and could skip travis so i wasnt too pissed off

WHAT A BRILL COVER! (shame about the music obv... or what i imagine the music to be but still.. at least he got some good sleeve design this time. much better than the showtime cover IMO)

http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/image...ZL._SS500_.jpg
    Last edited by gumdrops; 17-05-2007 at 09:12 PM.

that is cool. I'm actually so psyched to be seeing him on the dirtee stank tour cos newham generals are playing as well.

I heard the track with artic monkeys and thought it was horrible. I can like some rock, but it doesnt even that great to begin with. Then dizzee's lyrics arent what i was hoping to hear. I havent heard anything new from dizzee that his lyrics have really been on point or excited me for his album. Pussyhole was the only thing that i could listen to more than 4-5 times and not hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornflake View Post
    I havent heard anything new from dizzee that his lyrics have really been on point or excited me for his album. Pussyhole was the only thing that i could listen to more than 4-5 times and not hate it.
    I know! I remember hearing Dizzee at Creamfields, just before Showtime came out. His new bars were SHOWER. I couldn't wait to hear them in full on the LP...

However, this time around there are no lyrics of his I've heard which have been even vaugely exciting. Even the sets he did on Rinse last year were flat as anything in terms of new bars. Anyway, my hopes aren't as high for this album as they were for Showtime, so hopefully it won't disappoint, if you see what I mean. At the very least I'm hoping for a quality pop record.

the lyrics he had on rinse last year were really vacuous and vapid...

Prancehall just posted this link to Diz B-side, it's well sad, in a tears sort of way rather than pathetic

http://www.myspace.com/mizzbeats

i like the beat but i thought that b side was kinda rubbish. i know the story is sad but the way he raps about it is just like something youd expect from a 10 year old.

See that the bootlegs have started already. Sucks to be an artist i swear sometimes.

Im not pleased with what i heard, but i expected what i heard. Only a few tunes that i enjoyed...U cant tell me nuffin is prolly my fav. I dont mind Pussyhole..but the rest just dont do it for me.

It leaked yesterday. I think a lot of you are unfairly reviewing this album. I pretty much agree with what silverdollar said, but I might enjoy it just a bit more than he does. Someone said its hip-hop, I disagree with that. It may not sound like all of the new grime that has been coming out lately, but it does sound like british music that has a danceable quality to it. I think if more people stopped trying to pigeonhole dizzee into their expectations of what he and grime should sound like, and just listened to it for what it is, they might appreciate it a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by xenon View Post
    It leaked yesterday. I think a lot of you are unfairly reviewing this album. I pretty much agree with what silverdollar said, but I might enjoy it just a bit more than he does. Someone said its hip-hop, I disagree with that. It may not sound like all of the new grime that has been coming out lately, but it does sound like british music that has a danceable quality to it. I think if more people stopped trying to pigeonhole dizzee into their expectations of what he and grime should sound like, and just listened to it for what it is, they might appreciate it a little more.
    Yes I appreciate it as music but he's got nothing on Wiley's album . . .