Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 444525354

Thread: Where should I eat in London?

Take her to Venice Boxpark?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

http://sanxia-deptford.co.uk/menu/a-la-carte

i'll try this on behalf of dissensus soon its just down the road.
    will report back

its probably too late now jenks but my mate said theres a really good posh italian in bermondsey

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    its probably too late now jenks but my mate said theres a really good posh italian in bermondsey
    Ahh but everyone knows the best Italian food is to be had from un-posh places that have harsh fluorescent lighting rather than dribbly candles in chianti bottles.

Or so I read here. Probably in this thread. And probably nearly a decade ago.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Thanks - I've got a couple of weeks yet so there's still time for any other suggestions if anyone has any.

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    i will visit london for the first time ever from october 3rd till october 7th, are there any interesting events during that time?
    i'm kinda shocked how nice everybody was, literally every person goes "thank you sir", "yes sir", they'll hold the door open for you, they'll wait in line till it's their turn and so on. money goes so fast in this city, everyone is swiping cards and telephones, i bought a beer in the pub and they looked funny to me when i wanted to pay with pounds. swipe, woosh, swap - every second of every minute. i saw the clock in the tate and also went into a room that made people cry. if you go all up you can watch the tower block opposite it, it has these prefab living rooms that look like they have been designed using an in-game menu, a plant here, a sofa there (select your colour) and so on. i also saw the thames, it didn't sparkle as much as i thought it would but i still liked it. i briefly visited the african and caribbean music exhibition in hackney museum, it was small but cute and i liked it.

don't really have an opinion about the food.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Ahh but everyone knows the best Italian food is to be had from un-posh places that have harsh fluorescent lighting rather than dribbly candles in chianti bottles.

Or so I read here. Probably in this thread. And probably nearly a decade ago.

I wrote that. I stand by it.
    Quality of lighting is in inverse proportion to quality of food.

Quote Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
    I wrote that. I stand by it.
    Quality of lighting is in inverse proportion to quality of food.
    The food must be pretty amazing in that restaurant in Berlin where everything's served in total darkness, then.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

The food must be pretty amazing in that restaurant in Berlin where everything's served in total darkness, then.
    Au contraire. That's just an extreme expression of mood lighting.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lichen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lichen View Post
    Au contraire. That's just an extreme expression of mood lighting.
    Special completely black 'darkbulbs' that cost thousands of euro a pop. I bet you could market those to someone sufficiently rich and stupid.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 09-10-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Special completely black 'darkbulbs' that cost thousands of euro a pop. I bet you could market those to someone sufficiently rich and stupid.
    "Blacklight is essential for the body to balance energy flow properly - and most of just aren't getting enough of it."