Running

S

simon silverdollar

i just started running every other day as of 9/6/09. i started out running 2K but as of last night i've just about doubled that!

i haven't run since high school (as punishment) and i've never run two miles until now

i like it a lot. rather surprised at that. murakami's running memoir got me thinking about it. and a great deal on japanese New Balance sneakers gave me impetus!

:cool:

i need to check out that murakami book! am currently training for a half marathon so i'm doing a few long, 10 mile runs a week. i've come to really, really enjoy it. it becomes almost trancelike, and weird things seem to happen to senses - colours and smells in particular seem way more intense. strange.

alex

Do not read this.
Just a quick peice of advice, if you are like me & havent got any stamina & find your shins & ankles hurting a bit after a run, hit the bike instead. It isnt as bad for your joints! ;)

craner

Beast of Burden
I don't think people should take up running, because if you do it for too long, your nipples start bleeding and you get chronic diarrhea. This is just what somebody told me when I was about to start training for the London marathon, but I later found out that it's a scientific fact. Stick to tennis and windsurfing, I would.

empty mirror

remember the jackalope
one thing about the murakami book----> he recommends clapton's "reptile" album and yeah, i checked it out (from the library) and it is the worst sort of common-denominator-pseudo-sophisticate bossa-rock fart ever. not good.