Poisonous Paragraphs

MATT MAson

BROADSIDE
I was talking about the state of hip hop and used this quote:

“I used to learn from the hip-hop I grew up on. It was filled with uplifting messages for the youth and had more than enough variety and artistic merit that you couldn't possibly generalize or pigeonhole it into being one monolithic thing. Ever since it became big business and got away from the basics, it has gotten progressively worse. How can these outsiders complain about the current state of rap music when they're part of the reason it's in the state it is now? Why can't they recognize their own double standards and hypocrisy in regards to narrowcasting hip-hop culture?”

pm me your details and I'll send you a galley.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Oh cool

I was talking about the state of hip hop and used this quote:

“I used to learn from the hip-hop I grew up on. It was filled with uplifting messages for the youth and had more than enough variety and artistic merit that you couldn't possibly generalize or pigeonhole it into being one monolithic thing. Ever since it became big business and got away from the basics, it has gotten progressively worse. How can these outsiders complain about the current state of rap music when they're part of the reason it's in the state it is now? Why can't they recognize their own double standards and hypocrisy in regards to narrowcasting hip-hop culture?”

pm me your details and I'll send you a galley.

I just checked your MySpace page out...That's a great idea for a book. One.

Guybrush

Dittohead
I didn't get into all of the obvious stuff that everyone and their mother have already done. It's more autobiographical. One.

I liked it a lot. Both for the apt portrayal of how dysfunctional workplaces look like and for the description of a time when record stores functioned as a social hub.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Cool

I liked it a lot. Both for the apt portrayal of how dysfunctional workplaces look like and for the description of a time when record stores functioned as a social hub.

I have SPECIFIC stories that I'm going to tell about those days as well at a later date. A LOT of shit happened to shape the industry between 1998-2000...one of the coolest being when electronica exploded on the scene. One.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Christ, WHEN is your book coming out, PD? I'm sure all of us would be happy to contribute a dollar toward publication costs or something.