Pirate Radio

Jaie Miller

Does anyone have any experience with Pirate Radio??

Do you have any interesting tales?? Do you listen, if so what do you notice/like/hate??

Been on a few for a while, it would be nice to hear what you guys think. Where they are heading??

etc.. ;)

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Been listening to 105FM (ish) in north London for the last several hours - no talking, no ads, just a continuous fantastic old skool hip-hop selection. Anyone know what the station might be?

ifp

Been listening to 105FM (ish) in north London for the last several hours - no talking, no ads, just a continuous fantastic old skool hip-hop selection. Anyone know what the station might be?

think thats itch fm?

105.15 definately itch fm

i love itch too, but then you realise that half the time they are playing the same mix on a loop when no dj's are there. still quality though

alex

Do not read this.
yea I used to go on Flava Fm 87.6fm, Temptation 102.4fm and Cruise Control 102.0fm when I was in secondary school.

edit* it was to play old school garage & grime though, so I could have been among the other 1000's of people playing on these stations at the time. Was fun nonetheless, witnessing beef & whatnot

Last edited:

gremino

Moster Sirphine
what is really interesting, is how pirate radio culture is going to be applied to 'internet of things'. because afaik, IoT will be revolutionary.

gremino

Moster Sirphine
^ i don't know to be honest! but surely there will be new kind of ways to engage with radio shows with IoT - something we can't even imagine yet.

how about "missed call" button in your watch for a rewind :D

sufi

lala
slightly off topic, but we were chortling at work today about how when the IoT arrives the flush on yr loo will have an IP address (IP geddit geddit???) :mad: :p

Leo

As the broadcast winds down someone says “That’s it. End of Bush FM til 1995.” But that really was to be the end. I would lose touch with the crew. Thirty years on, the tapes sound to me like summer and mischief. But the music doesn’t make me nostalgic. Its ideas still convey a sense of possibility. I’m glad I paid attention to what I didn’t understand.