Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
lest we forget, i'm confident I can trump anyone in the unbearable flatmate stakes (see a fair few pages back)

I was thinking of you when I posted that, actually - I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

BareBones

wheezy
Well, i'm actually moving out tomorrow.

To be fair, he has become slightly more bearable of late, but that's probably just because i've seen less and less of him. Thankfully, he spends more time with his own friends these days. So the only things I can gripe about are the usual trivial things such as him playing jamiroquai really loudly, rather than him trying to hang out with me all the time and generally being a toxic presence among my friends, as was the case before.

Oh yeah, he got chucked out of the pub at the end of my road for being a twat to the barmaid, and got really angry about it and came home and punched the wall... and broke his hand.

alex

Do not read this.
@BareBones he broke his hand? Shit I bet that was funny. Your moving out has got nothing to do with how intolerable he has become has it?

People who over-format emails, we're in the shipping game ffs, not designers, and even if we were, I doubt anyone would appreciate a signature nearly a mile long (with the obvious inclusion of 'DO YOU REALLY NEED TO PRINT THIS EMAIL? SAVE A TREE', fuck a tree, get rid of your bullshit signature you fucktard) one guy included 'voting buttons' on an email, to whether I would accept his rate or not. That prompted me to make this post.

BareBones

wheezy
nah moving in with gf innit. getting away from him is an added bonus though of course. the broken hand thing was kinda funny at first, but i'm a bit of a soppy twat and ended up feeling quite sorry for him - he broke it pretty bad, needed pins and stuff, and cos he's a carpenter it meant he couldn't work, couldn't earn money, was falling behind on rent etc. but still, what a cunt.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha, you'd have thought a manual tradesman, of all people, would be anxious not to break his hand. But oh no. God, you picked a real prize one there, BB.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
"Oh yeah, he got chucked out of the pub at the end of my road for being a twat to the barmaid, and got really angry about it and came home and punched the wall... and broke his hand."
Ha, that's fantastic. I would have loved to see that. I reckon it would almost make it worthwhile living with him just to have that moment. Make sure you go and tell the barmaid - that should cheer her up no end.

grizzleb

@barebones he broke his hand? Shit I bet that was funny. Your moving out has got nothing to do with how intolerable he has become has it?

People who over-format emails, we're in the shipping game ffs, not designers, and even if we were, I doubt anyone would appreciate a signature nearly a mile long (with the obvious inclusion of 'DO YOU REALLY NEED TO PRINT THIS EMAIL? SAVE A TREE', fuck a tree, get rid of your bullshit signature you fucktard) one guy included 'voting buttons' on an email, to whether I would accept his rate or not. That prompted me to make this post.
Allows for some brilliant office pisstakes though. There was an absolute wanker of a middle manager in my old work who used to always edit any 'social emails' (where he would by trying to get everyone to go to the pub on some night or something) with alternating colours and capital letters and shit. There was some absolute belter parody emails kicking about haha.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
That's the thing, innit? If you're in that kind of job you can't really insulate yourself from it, so the best strategy to retain your sanity is just to keep a healthy sense of pisstake and turn this sort of meaningless tripe on itself.

Edit: x-post with the '...outside the box' thread.

alex

Do not read this.
This is a growing gripe of mine that has slowly risen to ‘posting on Dissensus things that do my head in thread’ level’s, which is why I felt the need to post so bad.

People who are worryingly against embracing technology. Now I can’t blame somebody who is say, 60+ (although for some reason these people are more willing a lot of the time), but people who are in that bracket from 40-60 who are so annoyingly stubborn and on an hourly basis slash their nose to fuck up their face, fuck me right off.

Why complain about not being able to find an atlas for at least 10 MINUTES, when you have a T1 connection, a perfectly capable personal computer and a decent internet browser. And the guy in question can’t ever complain about not knowing how to use google map’s, I mean, really? If you can use google, then you can use google maps.

I can’t remember the last time I looked at an atlas to find where somewhere was/look for a particular routing

Other examples:

Looking back in your email to the date when you roughly sent that message and staring blankly at the screen for 20 minutes getting more and more frustrated that you can’t find it. USE THE SEARCH FIELD, IT IS IN FRONT OF YOU.

Not using tabs in internet explorer then complaining that the bottom taskbar is too messy.

Creating a useless folder, within a folder, within a folder, within a folder.

Thinking that your PC is broken because it’s on automatic updates.

Now I know what you are going to say, but the guy in question has had ALL of the above explained clearly, with step by step print out guides, MORE THAN ONCE. And on top of that he is the most whiniest bitch I have ever met, and a racist, so this is the tip of the iceburg when it comes to how much he does my head in.

STN

sou'wester
My mum is a bit like that (although not racist), and she does this thing that drives me mad whenever she sends important numbers to do with banks and the government and stuff:

"2*59#23, where * is the month of your birthday, and # is the month of your sister's birthday, minus 2"

As if anyone who is bothering to monitor my emails wouldn't be able to find out the month of my or my sister's birth in # seconds flat.

alex

Do not read this.
I just feel that people should embrace it. Fair enough I know in 2011 the world isn’t going to suddenly turn into the movie ‘Tron’ but I think passing up technology like it’s something the nazi’s invented (although had they then he would probably be more accommodating) is only setting yourself back. I’m not saying he should learn HTML or anything, but when his (fraggle) son asks him how to use google map’s for his schools google map’s project in a few years, all he will be able to say is ‘find an atlas and get photocopying’ (I doubt his son will say this, he is probably more computer literate than him, albeit a bitch)

alex

Do not read this.
Oh and STN if my ma’ did that I wouldn’t be able to resist the urge for a ultra sarcastic reply.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
My dad is classic for insisting that you need the branch address of someone's bank in order to make a payment to them. For one thing, what does it even mean to bank at a particular 'branch' in this day and age? It seems like a hangover not even from the 20th, more like the 19th century. On my bank statements it gives the branch address as ANDOVER SAGA 4. Now I've been to Andover once, I've certainly never visited a bank there, what any of it should have to do with a SAGA and what happened to the first three ANDOVER SAGAs is wholly beyond me. It's just some bit of internal admit jargon that has no relevance to me at all.

Actually I think he may not have done this when I bought myself a birthday present a month or so ago, so hopefully he's twigged that it's a completely superfluous bit of information.

I just feel that people should embrace it. Fair enough I know in 2011 the world isn’t going to suddenly turn into the movie ‘Tron’

More's the pity! :cool:

tron_costume_9.JPG

Edit: hahaha...
tron_guy_nerds.jpg

Last edited: