Page 128 of 230 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 3438

Thread: Pointless But It Does My Head In

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    Also, even more pointless, it does my head in that that timestretched Justin Bieber track was described as being 800% slower. Sorry, that's actually impossible. It's 800% longer. 87.5% slower?
    Yes, I also picked up on this, I don't even think it is slowed down so much as quite heavily effected, you start to get clicks and gaps when the individual samples start to come apart

^ Nah, I've played with the app that the guy said he used many a time and it always comes out like that. Paul's Extreme Stretch or whatever it's called. It's free, there are Mac and PC versions, if anyone wants to play with it.

I took a Kiwi song called 'Six Months In A Leaky Boat' and stretched it to six months long. Ridiculously powerful app.
    Last edited by michael; 14-09-2010 at 06:38 AM.

That ph@se when @spir@nt m@rketing and br@nding w@nkers used the @ mark in pl@ce of the letter "a" r@ther th@n the sound /at/ @lw@ys ... yeah, that did my head in.

Luckily that died down almost as quickly as the iPhase of making iProducts seem sophisticated by iPiggybacking on the iPhone iBrand.
    oh no, it still haunts us, renaults new car the imusic...

why the fuck does everything have to have an I in front of it?

As if Ryanair isn't head-doing-in enough by itself, it bothers me that they consider a secquence like 'VFYMUA' to be a booking "number".

Good call on the '@' sign - you even see it in the names of bars sometimes, just utterly terrible.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Maybe the old Trans World Airlines could attempt a relaunch as TW@.

Haha, nice.

Thinking about it more, something like "the c@ s@ on the m@" seems pretty much every bit as crazy as "the c@t s@t on the m@t". It's all shit. It's just the really nasty ones where the @ is substituted in the middle of a dipthong that drive me nuts. Something like "ki@ora" for example. What?

As for Renault I-Music!! Gah! OK, car names never make much sense, but "music" ... fuuuuck!

It's just the really nasty ones where the @ is substituted in the middle of a dipthong that drive me nuts. Something like "ki@ora" for example. What?
    I count myself lucky having never seen that in the wild - notwithstanding I answer my cellphone with Kia Ora all the time - throws people off something chronic.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11317441

One of the Pope's senior advisers has pulled out of the papal visit to Britain, after saying the UK is a "Third World country" marked by "a new and aggressive atheism".

Cardinal Walter Kasper, 77, made the remarks in a German magazine interview.

The Vatican said the cardinal had not intended "any kind of slight", and was referring to the UK's multicultural society.
    I can't actually decide what part of this offends me the most...

Missing Joker and Brackles in Liverpool tonight because all my mates are skint or "tired".

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    More from work:

Having to induct someone to the point where you're having to explain very basic computer/other processes to them (or slightly less basic ones, that you have worked out yourself with no help through the magic of initiative), thus ensuring that you're virtually doing their job for them at the same time. Ffs.
    Yep. Also quite annoying is spending a decent chunk of your working time correcting other peoples' mistakes and ommissions. But hey-ho, I'm sure others have had to do similar things for me in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentative Andy View Post
    Yep. Also quite annoying is spending a decent chunk of your working time correcting other peoples' mistakes and ommissions. But hey-ho, I'm sure others have had to do similar things for me in the past.
    For sure. But most of many people's working lives is spent in some way or other correcting someone's fuck-up. if only people would be genuinely efficient, the three-day week could be a reality for many...

If it wasn't for message boards like this the three-day week could be a reality for many...

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    For sure. But most of many people's working lives is spent in some way or other correcting someone's fuck-up. if only people would be genuinely efficient, the three-day week could be a reality for many...
    When computers were first coming about they told people that the three day week was coming. Turns out you just do the same number of hours but crank out more work. I think a four day week would be a brilliant thing, I would hope most people would take a 20% pay cut to make it happen. You could take an axe to unemployment too this way.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzleb View Post
    I think a four day week would be a brilliant thing, I would hope most people would take a 20% pay cut to make it happen. You could take an axe to unemployment too this way.
    ...and with the savings made by having far fewer people claiming benefits, you could lower income tax, making everyone's salary go further...
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you