Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

I've always been of the opinion that if you put an infinite number of monkeys in a room with an infinite number of typewriters, what you'd get is an infinite number of typewriters jammed with bits of squashed banana and monkey shit. Which seems to be what's happened in this case.

slowtrain

I.... don't know what to think anymore.

Wow.

There is no way that someone in the process of publishing that must have not laughed out loud and said "Oh my god! We have to publish this! It's too brilliant not to."

you

seriously made my blood boil though, yours too tea I expect, most posts on dissensus are more coherent than that crap....

...on a different note Angela Eagle (labour shadow treasurer) has a stonking article in the guardian today.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
forgetting how early it gets dark at this time of the year. i love autumn weather, but i'm gonna have to start getting up earlier to make the most of the light. By the beginning of Novemebr it's dark at 4.30....eek.

slowtrain

forgetting how early it gets dark at this time of the year. i love autumn weather, but i'm gonna have to start getting up earlier to make the most of the light. By the beginning of Novemebr it's dark at 4.30....eek.

Ha!

I hate to brag but we just slipped so casual and cool into daylight savings now, totally loving light in the sky at half past seven.

BareBones

wheezy
i genuinely thought that was a joke until I scrolled up and saw her face of shit.

hahaha, i lol'd so hard at this

and this:

"Experiment
In 2003, scientists at Paignton Zoo and the University of Plymouth, in Devon in England reported that they had left a computer keyboard in the enclosure of six Sulawesi Crested Macaques for a month; not only did the monkeys produce nothing but five pages consisting largely of the letter S, (the full text may be found here:), they started by attacking the keyboard with a stone, and continued by urinating and defecating on it."

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
sweet cheeses of nazereth i laughed hard at that experiment ^

surely the internet must have some kind of blog dedicated to amusingly pointless scientific experiments? googlefatigue prevents me from having a look myself right now

slowtrain

sweet cheeses of nazereth i laughed hard at that experiment ^

surely the internet must have some kind of blog dedicated to amusingly pointless scientific experiments? googlefatigue prevents me from having a look myself right now

The Ig Nobel prize?

Feedback in New Scientist is always fun as well.

muser

Lee nelson does my head in, aswell as that guy on the vice show hamiltons pharamcopia, both of which I have googled there name alongside cunt to see if I would get any hits.

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
liz-jones-is-rich.jpg

alternatively, this could go in the Pointless / Chuckle thread, but I'm in a bad mood.

Thanks so much for this. Almost made me laugh out loud, although on reflection it's quite a lot like my own perspective on the world these days.

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
Honestly tho why stop walking at the top of a crowded escalator? lol
a person right in front of me just nearly caused a human avalanche at waterloo, quite scary for a sec there...

you

Honestly tho why stop walking at the top of a crowded escalator? lol
a person right in front of me just nearly caused a human avalanche at waterloo, quite scary for a sec there...

I hear you routes I hear you, but to be fair you don't know what that facebook profile update said, so just except you may not know the facts!!

Last edited:

routes

we can delay.ay.ay...
yep lol

yknow that idiot test joke, the piece of a4 paper with 'please turn over' written on each side. maybe the 2011 idiot test is a webpage that says 'now loading'... forever...

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Having a job interview that clashes with my signing-on appointment.

Ringing up beforehand to explain that this would happen, and being told "Oh, it's OK, just go in at the next possible opportunity and explain why you missed it".

Doing so.

Receiving a letter telling me my JSA has been stopped because I missed an appointment.

Receiving another letter telling me my housing benefit has also been stopped because my JSA has been stopped.

I've not read The Trial but the term 'Kafka-esque' is in wide enough circulation for me to have a pretty good idea of what it means.

Fucking cunts. Are they actually that spiteful, or just incredibly stupid? Or some combination of both?

Last edited:

grizzleb

They'll get it sorted soon enough in my experience. Housing benefit is a fucking kick in the nuts though. Fingers crossed. I hate that shit though, should have went in on the day to tell them... :confused:

you

Don't read the Trial - it'll only make you more angry the amount of times I've ranted at my mate (and him to me too) with the opening line of 'I am fucking K, I just just... agh'...