baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Supermarket checkout operators who don't speak to you or even look at you throughout the entire process, except for muttering a semi-audible syllable that might be 'thanks' at the very end, as they give you the receipt with your change on top of it, just to make it difficult for you to put it back into your wallet while carrying a bag of shopping.

I mean, sure, it's not the best job in the world, and I'd hate to be confronted with that awful American pseudo-friendliness every time I shop, but there's still no excuse for out-and-out rudeness.

Hmm, true, but have you ever done one of those jobs (you imply that you haven't)? For me, it's a wonder how people get through their first week without going completely mental. When I had to do similar stuff (only for a short time, thank Christ), the tedium did threaten to drive me over the edge.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Starting arguments on internet messageboards with people I've never met (sorry if someone's already done this). I mean, what is my problem???

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Hmm, true, but have you ever done one of those jobs (you imply that you haven't)? For me, it's a wonder how people get through their first week without going completely mental. When I had to do similar stuff (only for a short time, thank Christ), the tedium did threaten to drive me over the edge.

I worked in a supermarket for two years while I was doing my GCSE/A-levels. And in the summer after my first year at Uni. It was an especially rubbishy provincial Co-op, so I had to spend half my time apologising for things that weren't my fault. So I know full well how annoying and boring it is, but I still said 'Hi' to people and managed at the very least to keep a veneer of civility and basic politeness.

Unnecessarily rude people piss me right off, generally. There's just no need.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The revolting oversized brightly-coloured plastic 'jewelry' you see on self-consciously 'alternative' young women.

Last edited:

Noah Baby Food

Trustafarians.
Kids who think they're from the New York Dolls or something.
Very non-confrontational indie cardigan types who look like they have never done a manual job.
Men who have never done a manual job.
Posh rude girls who are up their own arse.
Wilfully ignorant people.
People who use the term 'chav'.
People who use the term 'chav' about themselves.
People who are excessively 'matey' and act like they're everyone's best friend.
People who are aloof.
Two faced people.
Kate Fucking Nash.
Sex and The City.
Fucking 'Shipwrecked'.
Grime yoots who have no social skills and are in fact scared of girls.
Any London based musical act who met at public school, or have famous parents.
People who have managed to buy a fucking house.
Baby boomers.
The way The Observer assumes that, because you read it, you are therefore of the demographic that is interested in buying a second home in Devon, or a £2000 coffee table.
Selfish people.
Fucking Facebook.
Fucking Apple and the way they carry on. Yes they are good computers but they will not save the fucking world. Rabid evangelical Apple enthusiasts.
People who think the fact that they are bullish and narrow-minded makes them 'salt of the earth'. Hello Yorkshire!
Anyone who starts throwing gang signs and acting all ironically "WORD!" when hip hop comes on.
Those fucking slogan t-shirts.
The musical act I used to be in, and people asking me why we split up, like my life is now over or something.
People who assume that because you are white and have been to university,the hip hop you like must be Sage Francis, Anticon etc.
Prostitutes.
Jews.

shit, sorry...the last two weren't me...Peter Sutcliffe and Hitler just barged in and pushed me out the way and started typing....let me add:

Serial killers.
Nazis.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Kids who think they're from the New York Dolls or something.
Very non-confrontational indie cardigan types who look like they have never done a manual job.
See: Kids These Days (page 3) and Twee Twits (page2):
http://www.somethingawful.com/d/your-band-sucks/field-guide-north-3.php?page=3
The way The Observer assumes that, because you read it, you are therefore of the demographic that is interested in buying a second home in Devon, or a £2000 coffee table.
And, because you're reading The Observer, hate the middle classes and therefore yourself...
Serial killers.
Nazis.
Hmm, nice to see some controversial choices thrown in for good measure... ;)

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People who are obsessed with being 'alternative', 'undergound', 'hardcore' or 'authentic'.
Jesus, give it a rest. What are you, twelve?

People who just mindlessly consume mainstream pop culture might be boring, but at least they're honest...

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I worked in a supermarket for two years while I was doing my GCSE/A-levels, actually. And in the summer after my first year at Uni. It was an especially rubbishy provincial Co-op, so I had to spend half my time apologising for things that weren't my fault. So I know full well how annoying and boring it is, but I still said 'Hi' to people and managed at the very least to keep a veneer of civility and basic politeness.

Unnecessarily rude people piss me right off, generally. There's just no need.

Fair enough. But it's a very different feeling when you know that that's the job you'll end up doing for the rest of your life. Yes, rudeness pisses me off too, but I can understand it far more in some circumstances than others.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Trustafarians.

People who are excessively 'matey' and act like they're everyone's best friend.

Yes! Yes! Especially the last one - too few people comment on this, and it applies equally to the Independent and any other supposedly 'lefty' paper. "Holidays for Independent Readers - why not spend £1,500 on a safari in Africa, where you won't have to talk to a single black person apart from your guides?!"

It depresses and angers me in equal measure.

Also, has anyone mentioned Shoreditch people? Vacuous, supercilious hipster alert!

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
And, because you're reading The Observer, hate the middle classes and therefore yourself...

There is of course an element of self-hate in a logical sense. But most of the things advertised in The Observer/Independent etc are things I can't afford (even though, apparently, I am part of their target readership), and would consider very wasteful/excessively materialistic even if I could. And I'm on a fairly decent salary. There's seems to be such a conflict between these aspects of the 'leftist' papers and the tenor of their editorials etc, that one could call it utter hypocrisy.

I don't know why I shouldn't expect this, however.

swears

preppy-kei

I think using the term "chav" to describe working class people in general is pretty vile, but some people (including middle class types) are annoying, violent, tasteless, petty, aggressive and wilfully ignorant. Those who suffer most from chavs are the working class people getting mugged and burguled in their own neighboorhoods. Not to mention getting up every day to go to some minimum wage job when there are people scamming disability benefits and accident insurance so they can do fuck all.

Perhaps the old fashioned term "yob" is more appropriate.

barry_abs

lil' beyutch
i hate any sort of admin whatsoever.. it just doesn't get done.. i have fines racking up for late tax returns etc. because i can't be arsed with the forms.. i have council tax refunds waiting - all i have to do is fill in a form and return it.. i just can't be fucked..

i hate insincerity in any form.. airs / graces, pretense, affected behaviour etc..

i hate doing nothing.. i hate going to the hairdressers - it feels like such a waste of time, even though it isn't.. it's just the sitting there, waiting..

being dragged along to social occasions by your woman, just to keep up appearances.. forced conversation is shit..

i hate being fucked with when i'm really not in the mood..