slowtrain

I like Gorecki. I also like getting drunk.

I like Charlotte Bronte. I also like dancing to Katy Perry tunes.

Is there some kind of weird non-classical way these things combine to make someone shallow or deep?

you

I like Gorecki. I also like getting drunk.

I like Charlotte Bronte. I also like dancing to Katy Perry tunes.

Is there some kind of weird non-classical way these things combine to make someone shallow or deep?

Don't worry, we won't judge you for liking Katy Perry - ..... Bronte on the other hand?!?!?!

Going back to Zhao post - I waffle about art and shite all day, but I often think builders and cabbies are more worthwhile than me banging on about Relational Aesthetics in the hope I may convert a few mates.

Also - one of the really cool things about the arts is you can just 'like' it, you dont need a reason, you dont need some colossal lacanian analysis to justify your preferences, you like it so you like it...

slowtrain

Just for the record I will over-emphasise that the key word in that sentence was:

dancing

Also, can't go wrong with a bit of Bronte - Villette is one of my faves. Major crush on old Lucy Snowe.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
agreed about family guy. i once started to watch a series at a friend's house, cos I'd once seen a quite funny joke they did. What a mistake.

you

I like family guy.

reason I posted that clip is the Caulfield bit, the whole intellectual faking, woe is me bullshit that selfish, self absorbed, pretentious, arrogant knobs have - - sort of fits in with what we were discussing, but yeah, I know you all loath that show...

muser

volume controls on almost all flash based players do my head in. They are all pretty much useless because they are incremented linearly not exponentially (which isn't how we hear, and is why you get virtually no difference in volume at the top end and the extremely abrupt changes in "quietness" at the bottom end). I appreicate that iPlayer goes to 11 though.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
agreed about family guy. i once started to watch a series at a friend's house, cos I'd once seen a quite funny joke they did. What a mistake.

Aaargh, FG is so shit. Every now and then I see a bit, usually because my housemates are watching it, and there's occasionally a gag that makes me laugh a little bit, in an infinite-monkeys sort of way. Then I feel unclean.

It's the epitome of "random" and/or "edgy", ergo "funny". The Simpsons is getting pretty tired now, but it's still miles better.

slowtrain

Whenever someone mentions Family Guy I always think of the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror where there is the magic cloning hammock....

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ryanair. They really are the basest, most vulgar, most grasping bunch of mercenary shitpricks I've ever had the misfortune to have to deal with.

Whenever someone mentions Family Guy I always think of the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror where there is the magic cloning hammock....

Ha, yeah, love that episode. So true.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I keep seeing adverts over here (Netherlands) for things that are not Hed Kandi compilations, but appear to have had the 'art' done by the same people. You know, the ones with the cartoon 'babes' that all look like a cross between a Hungarian prostitute and a cat.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Ryanair. They really are the basest, most vulgar, most grasping bunch of mercenary shitpricks I've ever had the misfortune to have to deal with.

No, no, no. That might be the popular perception, but they do have some redeeming features.

Oh sorry. I was thinking of the Nazis.

Last edited: