Page 2 of 230 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Pointless But It Does My Head In

BMW drivers talking on the phone while taking up the whole fucking road and not looking where they are going.

Cunts.

Definitely a grumpy old man moment for me.
    paul.meme
    Out now: Move Down Low VIP on SOUL JAZZ Records SJR225-12
    Out now: Blackdown & Dusk Meet Grievous Angel Uptown: Margins Music Redux (Keysound LDN014)
    Out now: Soundclash1 Remix / Harpy (Keysound LDN011)
    Out now: Ice Rink Refix (Devotional Dubz ERZULIE03)
    Out soon: WOOFAH 4!
    http://blog.grievousangel.net/ | http://www.myspace.com/grievousangelsoundsystem

I hate it when you take an Italian riot grrrl with a beehive to some pizza joint which is trying to be classy, and you each order "garlic bread" for starters, and then the bloke brings over two plates - each the size of a pizza - with doughy garlic bread discs that look like cowpats and each of which could feed a family of six. You feel like yelling, "For fuck's sake, why did you let us order two when one would have been too much? Couldn't you have just said "They're not like the stuff you get in Pizza Hut?"". Do I have to ask everything round here?

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    I thought that "yr" was a Sonic Youth reference (Xpressway to yr Skull)
    no idea m8 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sufi View Post
    people who write
    'i would say that...' at the start of their sentence & other such pompousness

THIS IS NOT .DEB.SOC at yr UNI - just say what yr saying ok
    Come on - is that even remotely as annoying as stupid AOL/txt-spk abbreviations like 'yr'?
    yes sorry about that
    2 sides of the same coin i guess

The . in 'alt.country'. For fuck's sake, WHY? It's not part of a URL, is it? Sheesh.
    In fact, I'm going to nominated the very concept of 'alt.country' in its entirety.

Also, you sometimes see a company described (historically, perhaps) as a '.dotcom'. Now say it out loud: dotdotcom. What the fuck is a dotdotcom? It's even worse than 'PIN number' (personal identification number number).

AND ANOTHER THING: the phrase "both the same". How can one thing be 'the same'? The "both" is totally redundant. Gah.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

And don't get me fucking started on "could of"/"should of", misplaced apostrophes, 'definately', 'lazer', 'euthenasia'...
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

uptight euro upper class rigid little rules for every social function - how to dress, what shoes to wear with what jacket in what season. especially when it comes to dining - why oh why are you horrified if i have another helping of pasta AFTER i finish my creme brule??!! there is a midnight sausage snack coming up in 20 minutes ANYWAY.

in China everyone rich or poor slurps their noodles. and that's the way it should be!

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    uptight euro upper class rigid little rules for every social function - how to dress, what shoes to wear with what jacket in what season. especially when it comes to dining - why oh why are you horrified if i have another helping of pasta AFTER i finish my creme brule??!! there is a midnight sausage snack coming up in 20 minutes ANYWAY.
    Does anyone outside of actual royal families still behave like that, though? Have you slipped through a timewarp into the 1920s?

Also, people in China eat dog's-dick soup, doesn't mean it's a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Does anyone outside of actual royal families still behave like that, though? Have you slipped through a timewarp into the 1920s?

Also, people in China eat dog's-dick soup, doesn't mean it's a good thing...
    was at a fancy party last night and this girl was like "OK I don't know you" (half jokingly) after i took the post-desert pasta. i was also wearing an all white outfit, with light-beige jacket and hat, thinking it's a summer time party and everything -- but all other males in the room were weating dark suits (maybe white is strickly for brunches and afternoon tea and when it comes to dinner, no matter what season, guys should wear dark colors?), so i got a few funny looks.

ettiquitte and decorum can be well elegant and fun, but sometimes it's a bit oppressive.

re: dog dick in China - only a tiny little region of the country traditionally has dog and cat on the menu, as a delicasee, like bird's nest soup or shark fin, though now it's become more popular in the big cities because of tourism. and that's another western stupid: just because it's cute we shouldn't it? baby chickens, cows, pigs are all cute. hypocrites!

(the japanese eating dolphins, how ever, is utterly abhorrent)

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post

in China everyone rich or poor slurps their noodles. and that's the way it should be!
    You're surely not trying to tell us that there's no formal dining conventions among upper class society in the east... come on..

Quote Originally Posted by tryptych View Post
    You're surely not trying to tell us that there's no formal dining conventions among upper class society in the east... come on..
    there are... you're right. I'm not mad at all, just thought it was funny mostly

"dog dick in China - only a tiny little region of the country traditionally has dog and cat on the menu, as a delicasee, like bird's nest soup or shark fin, though now it's become more popular in the big cities because of tourism. and that's another western stupid: just because it's cute we shouldn't it? baby chickens, cows, pigs are all cute. hypocrites!"
    I'm guessing that Mr Tea has a problem with eating dick, not the fact that dogs are cute.

Idlerich hassling me about my spelling.

"Idlerich hassling me about my spelling."
    Come on, I completely ignored your "board" for "bored" - oh whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by vimothy View Post
    Idlerich hassling me about my spelling.
    um should'nt that be a big R in IdleRich ?