People who sign emails and posts at the end with: Peace
People who talk too loud
People who are late
People who call and don't leave a message
and sometimes just People...

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Why tho, it's very techno Edward

PS, on that mix you did with Ceephax there's an electro track with male and female vocal, which has something like the following line "You're dreaming of female, while reading your email" What the the tune?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I try really hard not to do no. 4, so I sometimes end up leaving really inane, babbling messages just so as not to be saying nothing.

"Anyway, gotta get to bed now, can't really think of anything else to, er, say, so I guess I'll catch you on here tomorrow, I guess, er, probably. OK, right, bye then - war!"

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
Rover Drivers and double if they are wearing a hat
People who never read the manual but think I'm called tech support
People who ignore cues at airports

sufi

lala
people who write
'i would say that...' at the start of their sentence & other such pompousness

THIS IS NOT .DEB.SOC at yr UNI:mad: - just say what yr saying ok

martin

----
I don't leave messages. I'm sorry, but if you're too fucking lazy to raise a phone to your ear, why should I then have to put up with some condescending cyborg telling me I can leave a message after the tone? Like, no, I fucking can't actually - I'm busy.

Martin Dust

Techno Zen Master
I don't leave messages. I'm sorry, but if you're too fucking lazy to raise a phone to your ear, why should I then have to put up with some condescending cyborg telling me I can leave a message after the tone? Like, no, I fucking can't actually - I'm busy.

Machine hate :) I always leave messages and always pick up if I'm there...

I dislike it when people say "as a person"

"He's very nice as a person but his opinions on x....."
"Speaking as a person, I think that....."

Everyone is a person.
Also on planes when they say "please ask myself or one of my colleagues".
As if "myself" sounds more official than the correct word which is "me".

Martin Dust, the record in question is this:
http://www.discogs.com/release/23431

Lichen

When you answer the 'phone and the person at the other end asks:

"Is xxxx there at all"

They're either there, or they're not fucxxn there.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
people who write
'i would say that...' at the start of their sentence & other such pompousness

THIS IS NOT .DEB.SOC at yr UNI:mad: - just say what yr saying ok

Come on - is that even remotely as annoying as stupid AOL/txt-spk abbreviations like 'yr'? :mad:

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
BMW drivers talking on the phone while taking up the whole fucking road and not looking where they are going.

Cunts.

Definitely a grumpy old man moment for me.

martin

----
I hate it when you take an Italian riot grrrl with a beehive to some pizza joint which is trying to be classy, and you each order "garlic bread" for starters, and then the bloke brings over two plates - each the size of a pizza - with doughy garlic bread discs that look like cowpats and each of which could feed a family of six. You feel like yelling, "For fuck's sake, why did you let us order two when one would have been too much? Couldn't you have just said "They're not like the stuff you get in Pizza Hut?"". Do I have to ask everything round here?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The . in 'alt.country'. For fuck's sake, WHY? It's not part of a URL, is it? Sheesh.
In fact, I'm going to nominated the very concept of 'alt.country' in its entirety.

Also, you sometimes see a company described (historically, perhaps) as a '.dotcom'. Now say it out loud: dotdotcom. What the fuck is a dotdotcom? It's even worse than 'PIN number' (personal identification number number).

AND ANOTHER THING: the phrase "both the same". How can one thing be 'the same'? The "both" is totally redundant. Gah.