IdleRich

IdleRich
I don't think that it even says what the tattoo is does it? Maybe it was a humongous swastika made out of circumcised cocks. She probably would have mentioned that though.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Gmail's stupid "Something's not right" message when it can't connect to the server or whatever, which is both annoyingly casual and unhelpfully vague. As if our tiny minds might be blown by a barrage of technical computer jargon such as "cannot connect to server".

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
People who've lived in Britain all their lives and still don't get how the weather works. In particular, people who say things like "if we ever get a summer..." if it rains for a day or two in June.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People (soi-disant adults talking to young children, usually) who say "only boring people get bored". This might actually be the least true thing I have ever heard. Interesting people are easily bored because they crave constant mental stimulation, while boring people are never bored because they're easily amused by mundane things.

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
People (soi-disant adults talking to young children, usually) who say "only boring people get bored". This might actually be the least true thing I have ever heard. Interesting people are easily bored because they crave constant mental stimulation, while boring people are never bored because they're easily amused by mundane things.

isnt it just a polite/sneaky way to tell the child to shut up and/or fuck off

Lichen

I use this on my children, despite the fact that I'm bored fairly often myself.
On every occasion my 'only bores get bored' is met with incomprehension, and "yeah but I'm bored Daddy."

So I agree, it's a pretty useless phrase.

Leo

...or "Why the NY music/arts scene sucks and the city has turned into a playground for the rich":

NYC-Median-Rent-by-Neighborhood.jpg

http://ny.curbed.com/uploads/NYC-Median-Rent-by-Neighborhood.php

IdleRich

IdleRich
But that graphic is useless cos it doesn't tell you what the rent is for - does $5000 in Tribeca get you a room or a mansion or something in-between?