That film about Joe Strummer

mms

sometimes
Marshall Jefferson has said that I've Lost Control was meant to capture the atmosphere of old Black Sabbath or Led Zep records. :p

really, well that was a complete failure then, i thought that this was an adonis record and he helped produced it a bit, I feel old marshall likes to take credit for everything, are you not getting that confused with ol joey beltram?

Last edited:

mms

sometimes
There are many connections between the Clash and acid house, which I shall not bore you with here.

Oh, and when I saw them in 1981, they were supported by a New York electro / hiphop group and they had Futura 2000 doing graffiti behind them throughout the whole gig.

Saw the film a few weeks ago, absolutely excellent. Couldn't believe JUST how much of a twat Joe Strummer was. Great music (mostly) and a great icon though.

well big audio dynamite released a record on def jam really early on.
it was black and pink tiger skin sleeve.
futura did the radio clash sleeve too and the hardwritten stuff on the combat rock sleeve. They were down with nyc at that time.
i still think they're mostly pretty awful though, and how can a twat be such an icon?

john eden

male pale and stale
The Clash and the scene around them helped invent acid house. Mick Jones especially was a crucial link. Oh how people forget their history.

Sorry, I just remembered this one as well. :D

Top value - where else do you get stuff like this, eh? :cool:

Last edited: