Cool Rainy Summer in the UK

martin

----
I love this weather, it does something for my soul. British people shouldn't get too much sun and heat, it sends them round the bend. Plus, if this keeps up, we'll have fewer prannies walking around in shorts and sandals - result!

matt b

Indexing all opinion
I love this weather, it does something for my soul. British people shouldn't get too much sun and heat, it sends them round the bend. Plus, if this keeps up, we'll have fewer prannies walking around in shorts and sandals - result!

put another nicotinel patch on quick!

martin

----
put another nicotinel patch on quick!

How are you doing on your withdrawal, by the way? I'm on Day 5 and apart from very nearly headbutting some bloke (he was doddering about in front of the ticket barrier) this morning, I'm feeling OK. I've got 'Stormy Weather' in my head.

matt b

Indexing all opinion
day 4 and doing alright. i managed a forced laugh yesterday ;)

i've attempted to stop 1/2 dozen times before, so i know what triggers off violent pangs of desire (wierd stuff like walking to the train station), so i'm trying to ride it out, drinking loads of water, exercising a bit etc.

day 2 seems to be the hardest, apart from (any) friday, when i want booze. thankfully, everyone's busy this weekend so i can stay in and sulk.

i'm still amused by the ridiculous rationalisations that go on internally to justify a fag. yesterday it was that cartoon anti-smoking advert- i wanted to smoke simply to stick it to the man.

i'm upset about the thought of no jazz cigerettes for a couple of months though.

martin

----
Keep it up! Just think of that slimey, smug Phillip Morris executive, smirking as he slips into his brand new sportscar, while other folks are coughing their lungs out at the Royal Marsden. Don't pay off the bastard's mortgage!

DRMHCP

Here's the weird thing: despite being wet and windy for much of June, it's still been one of the warmest Junes ever.

you must be talking on a global scale as the hottest day this year was back in April- it's not got above 79 degrees anywhere in england this june....surely one of the coolest in living memory?

Last edited:

don_quixote

Trent End
dreadful june, lots of rained off cricket, not for me. one hot day in total (luckily the day after i finished my exams).

i hope it'll be sunny this weekend, if not for the whole of next week. thereafter i couldnt care.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
RAINBLOG UPDATE: just started pissing down in central London.

That's about two weeks so far it not failing to rain every single day, I think!

Freakaholic

not just an addiction
Chicago has been in the 90s for too damn long. Rain sounds much better than this muggy crap.

Speaking of rain, this morning as i was riding my bike to work, it seemed bright and sunny, as far as my eyes could see. Then i started getting a little wet. Then i started getting pretty heavily rained on. This whole time, i couldnt see a single cloud. Finally, i stopped at a stoplight and looked directly up, sure enough a small cloud directly above me was grey and raining. For about 15 minutes i rode in clear sunny skies with rain pouring on me.

Very weird. Reminds me of that cartoon.... Ziggy is it? with the raincloud over him?