Modern d'n'b is rubbish - tune ID and a moan from an old man

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
if you don't want to hurt or hyper-orgasm people than club music becomes boring. you can just go back to jaz funk, disco and reggae. they are all more musical. this is why i rarely listen to 2step despite liking it and acknowledging its vocal science innovations.

luka

all im saying is there is a point where more becomes too much and pleasure becomes numbness and intensity becomes boredom. it maps onto music, sex, drugs and everything else. becasue of the cut-off switch.

luka

transcendence, the white light, orgasm. it's all the cut-off switch. it's peak intensity but it's also the moment of being tossed out of heaven.

luka

I don't want to win why would i want that I don't exist as an methodological individual do I.

hurters mission innit.

of course you want to win. finnegan wakes up again. albion wakes up again. the obelisk gets toppled. the black iron prison is blown up. we all know that this happens. we've seen it.

luka

so for me these are entirely pragmatic questions. burn-out means potentially years wasted recovering and regathering strength for another approach. i dont have that time to waste. i can't afford errors on that scale anymore. of course there is error in over-caution too. it's all about finding that sweet spot, that biting point between will and surrender.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
all im saying is there is a point where more becomes too much and pleasure becomes numbness and intensity becomes boredom. it maps onto music, sex, drugs and everything else. becasue of the cut-off switch.

yes i get wot u r saying. but extremes don't equate to zone of fruitless intensification as u are defining it. hence the low fat techstep and half time dnb that some of the old nuum heads really like cuz they don't get it they try to make it about king tubby when that didn't come till much later, if at all. and hardcore was the most emotional music coz it was schizophrenic. u could feel like a gay drag queen in new york in the 70s and a hackney rudeboy in the space of 5 seconds. one way to look at the nuum is these diverse things being re-segmented. thats what i try to avoid without going IDM wank but maybe that is unavoidable. anyway wait for my gangsta trance mixes to come out.

Last edited:

luka

and hardcore was the most emotional music coz it was schizophrenic. u could feel like a gay drag queen in new york in the 70s and a hackney rudeboy in the space of 5 seconds. one way to look at the nuum is these diverse things being re-segmented.

all facts

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
anyway wait for my gangsta trance mixes to come out
looking fwd to it

the experimental gabber guys got this to an extent but because of their lack of cultural dynamism they couldn't really envision a music outside of the eurodisco continuum.

I assume you're familiar with Nasenbluten? kinda in that Ruffneck Records vein. bit more chopped up/proto-speedcore albeit. took themselves a lot less seriously than most of that kinda thing, much to the good. early Alec Empire/DHR ca. 92-96ish, i.e. coinciding with jungle, is also pretty good, specifically the Sonic Subjunkies record, anything Carl Crack was involved with, Christoph de Babalon, etc. believe we've discussed this before.

firefinga

Sad news regarding DnB - Spirit aka Duncan Busto died on 26th of August

Spirit who has been releasing tunes for over two decades (on labels like Timeless, CIA or his own imprint Inneractive) died on 26th of August due to complications after a cardiac arrest. RIP.

One of my fav tracks of his.