bassline house

straight

wings cru
a paragraph in and we've had 2 hardcore continuums and a feminine pressure. whos up for a round of the 'new UK urban music journalism by old men' drinking game?

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
a paragraph in and we've had 2 hardcore continuums and a feminine pressure. whos up for a round of the 'new UK urban music journalism by old men' drinking game?
We should all start by downing two drinks in quick succession for "bloggers scramble to express an interest in a new 'nuum mutation'" with both funky and niche / bassline.

straight

wings cru
yeah i think he roasted quite a few people there, a couple of months ago niche was written off as brainless music yoots in the north listened to at the back of buses inbetween whippet training and rounds of bread and dripping and now the world and his wife is falling over itself to praise it as the saviour of UK urban music. You only have to look back at the frist few pages of this thread to see how opinions have changed.

I'm a bit bored of this now. Been to a couple of raves recently after getting a few of my mates onto it, it's all a bit one-dimensional for me to be honest. There's only so much of it I can take, really.

straight

wings cru
I agree, its nice to dip into but i fear a full night of it would end up grating. What is interesting is how people like drop the lime etc from outside the scene are mutating it already and how grime folks are warming to it. Check out the mix by DJ venom from Prancehall's blog

Logan Sama

BestThereIsAtWhatIDo
yeah i think he roasted quite a few people there, a couple of months ago niche was written off as brainless music yoots in the north listened to at the back of buses inbetween whippet training and rounds of bread and dripping and now the world and his wife is falling over itself to praise it as the saviour of UK urban music. You only have to look back at the frist few pages of this thread to see how opinions have changed.

I like to remain consistent.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
I just went on the Uptown Records site to see if I could find any bassline house shit I liked to flesh out my DJ sets a little more, and literally EVERY fuckin' record sounded EXACTLY the same. I have no idea how you lot record shop for this shit.

I did find one track I didn't mind though: Cheeksta's "Baby" + a bunch of remixes... and that was on recommendation from somebody else. I also like Dexplicit's tracks. I definitely could not rave to this every weekend though. Bassline house makes dubstep's recent stagnation look like a United Colours of Benetton advert.

Last edited:

straight

wings cru
Here is the link for that mix

http://ia360633.us.archive.org/3/items/DjVenom-MaximumCarnageMixtape/MaximumCarnage.mp3

1. dexplicit feat giglez – ready – dxp recordings - 2007
2. dbx - freakin - awol - 2004
3. agent x feat jd the dready - return of the boss - heatseeker 2007
4. ts7 feat t dot - raise ur glasses - heetseeker - 2007
5. drop the lime - hear me (monster mosh 4x4 dub) - trouble & bass - 2007
6. kevlar feat platinum - you & i - yepyep - 2007
7. faggatronix - omg (dj venom remix 1) - unreleased 2007
8. easy-e - gimmie that nutt - ruthless - 1993
9. the doc - portrait of a masterpiece - ruthless - 1989
10. mr v - game over - music hustler - 2007
11. paleface/sticky - warlord - suited and booted 2007
12. paleface - club slugz – northern line 2007
13. ts7 - baby - white label - 2007
14. fya - boops (dance until you drop – agent x remix) - heatseeker - 2007
15. starkey - swollen glands - exclusive – 2007
16. paleface & flukes – arabian slugz – northern line – 2007
17. dexplicit – good for me – riddler records 2007
18. ts7 – flip flop – heatseeker – 2007
19. jameson feat viper – selecta (urban hero) – sound proof - 2002
20. faggatronix - don't think i'm not mental mate - unreleased - 2007
21. dj venom feat dj assault - hoes get venom (venom theme) - unreleased - 2007
22. dude 'n' nem - watch my feet - tvt - 2007
23. ceephax acid crew - ceephax acid - breakin' 2003
24. joe walsh - in the city - epic -1979

petergunn

plywood violin
I agree, its nice to dip into but i fear a full night of it would end up grating. What is interesting is how people like drop the lime etc from outside the scene are mutating it already and how grime folks are warming to it. Check out the mix by DJ venom from Prancehall's blog

to be fair, i have seen DTL spinning 4/4 garagey type sets for years at this point...

continuum

smugpolice
This is deffo worth buying -

T2 - Monster Music

Tracklisting:
1. T2 - Salsa
2. T2 - Its Not Easy
3. T2 - Dump Valve Riddim
4. T2 - Heartbroken Remix
5. T2 - Cold
6. T2 - TNT Riddim Feat. TS7
7. T2 - Something Real (T2 Remix)
8. T2 - March
9. T2 - Are You That Somebody (T2 Remix)
10. T2 - Track 10
11. T2 - Jus Do It
12. T2 - Heartbroken
13. T2 - Oh Boy
14. T2 - My Format
15. T2 - Madness
16. T2 - U Got It
17. T2 - Arabian
18. T2 - Monster Musik
19. T2 - Control Yourself

Last edited:

straight

wings cru
to be fair, i have seen DTL spinning 4/4 garagey type sets for years at this point...

i realise that i just think that he's coming into his own now with the rise of Trouble and Bass. his early work on tigerbeat is a bit patchy, scattershot shouty idm but now he's put that behind him he's doing some ace stuff

ZOMBY®

Wild Horses
T2 - Monster Music

Click http://www.mediafire.com/?7elhicq3mmy to download

Tracklisting:
1. T2 - Salsa
2. T2 - Its Not Easy
3. T2 - Dump Valve Riddim
4. T2 - Heartbroken Remix
5. T2 - Cold
6. T2 - TNT Riddim Feat. TS7
7. T2 - Something Real (T2 Remix)
8. T2 - March
9. T2 - Are You That Somebody (T2 Remix)
10. T2 - Track 10
11. T2 - Jus Do It
12. T2 - Heartbroken
13. T2 - Oh Boy
14. T2 - My Format
15. T2 - Madness
16. T2 - U Got It
17. T2 - Arabian
18. T2 - Monster Musik
19. T2 - Control Yourself

mate can post the link to a shop so people can buy these and more.its gettin long posting full mix cd's that are out for sale..

continuum

smugpolice
Yeah sorry no problem. Didn't know it was for sale. Will take down now.

*edit*
Can't find a link for a shop that has it for sale - if anyone knows please up the link

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
TS7/Lenky Da Godfather/Nastee Boi/Pussy Man/T2
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
dewsbury special as it is tv part four
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

joe_muggs

This is an absolutely outstanding thread. Big up to all contributors. Suppose this is yet ANOTHER forum that's going to eat up my time. Hey ho.

btw did anyone see chantelle writing about niche in the london paper the other week? a sign of its official arrival in london, if ever there was one.

*cough* SOMEONE did a major feature on Niche in Mixmag some 18 months back *cough*:slanted: