childrentalking

I highly doubt Anstam has anything to do with Ernestus or Oswald. its presentation (naming conventions and so on) indicates it may be Torsten Profrock... but total guess.

strange to see STL turn up on a dubstep thread!

childrentalking

all of his stuff on Something (nine releases or so) is worth a listen. he's been doing the sound since Superlongevity 3 a good few years back. part early house, part Theo Parrish's That Day/How I Feel 12"...

Blackdown

nexKeysound
FWD at The End was nuts, absolutely rammed. highlights included EZ playing "Sincere", Zinc mixing Wookie's "Kinda Funky remix" into the two versions of Sounds of the Future, Jammer (!) MCing over Marcus Nasty's set, Marcus dropping Party Hard...

... but really it was all about Skream in the Bar. I have NEVER seen that many people in that room. total and utter madness!

boomnoise

♫
FWD at The End was nuts, absolutely rammed. highlights included EZ playing "Sincere", Zinc mixing Wookie's "Kinda Funky remix" into the two versions of Sounds of the Future, Jammer (!) MCing over Marcus Nasty's set, Marcus dropping Party Hard...

... but really it was all about Skream in the Bar. I have NEVER seen that many people in that room. total and utter madness!

that's interesting given marcus's recent rant.

In terms of response, I was very surprised by it- the tune is a lot bigger at present than the venue suggested.

Tubby B2B Slimzee ft DEE, Jammer was the highlight for me though.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Enjoyed The End overall... I think the club is designed in a better way than, say, Fabric, but like Fabric there's a bit of a cattle-market feel to it. The worst thing is the drinks prices - it's possibly a bit pathetic but I think I really do need (or at least want) to be fairly intoxicated at a club night in order to stifle my inner chin-scratcher. So really my main problem was that I couldn't get horribly pissed :eek:

However, I enjoyed every set that I saw (apart from the minute or so of Plastician that I caught in the main room) and there were a few absolutely brilliant moments - EZ dropping 'Sincere' into (from out of nowhere!) 'Little Man' RMX was one. D Double turning up for Slim/Tubby and starting to get into that 'bullets come from angles' chat over some fucking nasty riddim (dunno the chat or the riddim) was another. And I enjoyed Youngsta's 2005 set (think he actually stuck to it in the end), despite a lot of the tunes having been played earlier by Skream (in fact I think Youngsta played most of Skreamizm 1, both sides of Request Line/I and both sides of Root/Goat Stare... along with Neverland, which sounded amazing from my well chosen spot right in front of the speaker) and the mixing not being quite as good as I'd hoped for... Was gutted I missed Marcus, but hearing all those old tunes and FEELING them assaulting my body was a nice nostalgic sensation.

The main problem with the lounge, and I'm going to sound like a snobby arsehole here, was that I didn't really get the impression that there were that many people who really knew/appreciated what was being played. I'm all for anybody young/old sober/pilled up clueless/knowledgeable coming to raves (I was young, clueless and pilled up when I started raving after all) but I just felt that if there had been more 'headz' in the lounge during some of those sets the vibe would have been lifted considerably. I mean, during Youngsta's set I was stood next to the speaker at the back and there was a huge space in front of me and maybe twenty or so people at the front... and I was the only one (half-heartedly) screaming when I RMX got dropped. I'm sure it wasn't lacking an atmosphere in general, though, I didn't really go in the main room but people were going crazy for Plastician (bloody kids these days with their Chases and Statuses :mad:).

I'll probably cook up some overwrought baloney about 2005 dubstep being dangerous anti-pop music and 2009 mainstream dubstep being fairground sideshow music later on haha

Good night overall though, you have to big up FWD for putting on some incredibly diverse and strong line-ups over the last year.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Thinking about it, I think Youngsta was playing a lot of the same tunes Skream played earlier, so maybe that accounts for the relative lack of reaction...

If anyone saw that set could they ID any of the non-obvious tunes he played? Basically I recognised all the Skream/Loefah tunes but there were some weird/dirty garagey tunes too which were really weird but heavy... kinda like some of the grime slimzee/tubby were playing... harsh sounds, weird rhythms

Elijah

Butterz
Thinking about it, I think Youngsta was playing a lot of the same tunes Skream played earlier, so maybe that accounts for the relative lack of reaction...

If anyone saw that set could they ID any of the non-obvious tunes he played? Basically I recognised all the Skream/Loefah tunes but there were some weird/dirty garagey tunes too which were really weird but heavy... kinda like some of the grime slimzee/tubby were playing... harsh sounds, weird rhythms

tubby and slim were playing stuff from wonder, statik, dpm, wiley, geeneus and decoy.

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
The worst thing is the drinks prices - it's possibly a bit pathetic but I think I really do need (or at least want) to be fairly intoxicated at a club night in order to stifle my inner chin-scratcher. So really my main problem was that I couldn't get horribly pissed :eek:

:D Only on Dissensus surely !

Also anyone heard this 16-bit In the Death Car EP out on Boka. The chainsaw track is class, takes the whole gnarrly wobble OTT to some other dark space.

viktorvaughn

it's possibly a bit pathetic but I think I really do need (or at least want) to be fairly intoxicated at a club night in order to stifle my inner chin-scratcher.

Drinking 2 bottles of gin between three and then repeatedly getting turned away from a night you have been looking forward to for weeks with a line-up never to be repeated and then drunkenly petition Geeneus to let you when you see him passing in is not the one either. FUCKFUCKFUCK.:D

SOS

he played a few D1 tracks as well, I missed bits of his set and but everything I heard I think was either skream, digital mystiks, loefah or d1?

mms

sometimes
:D Only on Dissensus surely !

Also anyone heard this 16-bit In the Death Car EP out on Boka. The chainsaw track is class, takes the whole gnarrly wobble OTT to some other dark space.

gives me a headache just listening to the clips, its not particulary dark it's just unpleasant, like being shouted at by a really drunk thug, that's not a very worthwhile feeling to express on a record.

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
he played a few D1 tracks as well, I missed bits of his set and but everything I heard I think was either skream, digital mystiks, loefah or d1?

if it was a 2005 set true to how he used to play them those are the only tunes he would be playing. i seem to remember him making a point of only playing those producers. from the description Corpsey i bet they were D1 tunes. D1 is such a don!