Dusty

Tone deaf
Sorry I'm being a cynical bastard, but I just cringe for two reasons: First, my purely selfish hatred of Amy Whinehouse, officially endorsed release or otherwise. Second, the carrion-like picking of dubstep at existing music. Coki's 'Ruff Lovin' from Dubstep Allstars Vol.5 is another good example.

Expect to see the phrase (dubstep mixes) appended to anything and everything from now on. Neatly packaged dubstep for the guardian readers... don't worry, it is the right speed, these are dubstep mixes

Last edited:

UFO over easy

online mahjong
no one should be allowed to listen to dubstep without listening to this three and a half hour history lesson set from Scientist

http://rinsefm.blogspot.com/2007/10/...h-october.html

absolutely crazy... incredible selection, classics and a few bits I desperately need IDs on, running through dark garage, the breakier end of things, 4x4... sick mixing, and he's the best host on rinse easily

Sorry I'm being a cynical bastard, but I just cringe for two reasons: First, my purely selfish hatred of Amy Whinehouse, officially endorsed release or otherwise. Second, the carrion-like picking of dubstep at existing music. Coki's 'Ruff Lovin' from Dubstep Allstars Vol.5 is another good example.

Expect to see the phrase (dubstep mixes) appended to anything and everything from now on. Neatly packaged dubstep for the guardian readers... don't worry, it is the right speed, these are dubstep mixes

meh. cheeky unsubtle bootlegs have been part of 'nuum music forever.

although ruff loving and the winehouse remix are particularly rubbish imo.

Last edited:
apology accepted

nah I'm jokin' ;) but honestly whatever will happen to dubstep has happened to every music that has and will exist: birth (depends on how you look at of course) on the fringes to co-option and some sort of watering down, weakening, dumbing down or assimilation

I suggest you get off the boat now like lol

UFO over easy

online mahjong
two in particular, one after the other - one I figured out, I think it was "we ain't playin'" on Ghost... which I'll be lucky to find anywhere I guess, and the other was the one before it with the beatbox intro and female vocal - "held in your arms is where I wanna be, held in your arms, that's my high"... reminds me of early Oris Jay with those electro-y drums and bass mutations

there's something else too - 154 mins.. really rolling, funky drums, epic intro. maybe something on bingo?

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
rubbish, a real shame

Ben...

I dunno if you know about this but www.mp3toburn.com has a ridiculous amount of rare ghost / el-b mp3s for sale at like 192kbps, which isn't ideal but still. they've got We Ain't Playin, search GT2 and it should come up.

That next one is sick I've never heard that before. Percussion is amazing. Definitely reckon its Ghost from the styles, although there are a couple of details in the percussion which are a bit unusual. Don't know that El-B one which he says is like a Napa tune either, again sick

That one at 154mins, if i've done my hour / minute calculations correct, is Maddslinky & J.T. - The Fog (audio)

Last edited:

gumdrops

i dont really find dubstep leaks as attractive as leaks from other genres - most if not all the power of the genre comes from hearing it on good systems, not on ipods or through computer speakers

shudder

i dont really find dubstep leaks as attractive as leaks from other genres - most if not all the power of the genre comes from hearing it on good systems, not on ipods or through computer speakers

true dat. ipods are pretty much useless for most dubstep, except for something like burial, which is more metadubstep than anything really.

Agreed. This is a 320, though, so I'll burn it and throw it through my stereo tomorrow I think. I don't have a CDJ though, so the vinyl's a guaranteed if it's good. (Which is rare for me in dubstep these days but it's Pinch so).

gumdrops

i could always just DL it and burn it to CD but my downloading-guilt has been preventing me from doing that lately...

UFO over easy

online mahjong
rubbish, a real shame

Ben...

I dunno if you know about this but www.mp3toburn.com has a ridiculous amount of rare ghost / el-b mp3s for sale at like 192kbps, which isn't ideal but still. they've got We Ain't Playin, search GT2 and it should come up.

That next one is sick I've never heard that before. Percussion is amazing. Definitely reckon its Ghost from the styles, although there are a couple of details in the percussion which are a bit unusual. Don't know that El-B one which he says is like a Napa tune either, again sick

That one at 154mins, if i've done my hour / minute calculations correct, is Maddslinky & J.T. - The Fog (audio)

sick! thanks for the info dude :D

do you know the one with the held in your arms vocal? I must've reloaded that 100 times... or is that the one you don't know? arg, curse the internet

good grief the tune he announces as a horsepower tune at 128 minutes as well.. "proper wobblers, darkside wobblers.." definitely :D

Last edited:

elgato

I just dont know
sick! thanks for the info dude :D

do you know the one with the held in your arms vocal? I must've reloaded that 100 times... or is that the one you don't know? arg, curse the internet

good grief the tune he announces as a horsepower tune at 128 minutes as well.. "proper wobblers, darkside wobblers.." definitely :D

Yeh sorry man I don't know that one with the vocal. Would bet reasonable money on it being a ghost / south west production though

That horsepower one got me too I'd always completely overlooked it, such a fucking tune

martyn - everything about you

wow, really feeling this. its got that old school allure thing down to a tee. its been on constant rotation for the whole day now

out on the tempa allstars thing i think