Ory

warp drive
Komonazmuk's "Bad Apple" sounds nice and all, but it's really just progressive house circa 2002 at a faster tempo and a snare on the 3rd.

Grievous Angel

Beast of Burden
Komonazmuk's "Bad Apple" sounds nice and all, but it's really just progressive house circa 2002 at a faster tempo and a snare on the 3rd.

Hmmmm... sounds great... I also want mid 90s deep house with 3:2 beats, subbass and bits of glitchy ragga vocals at 140 bpm.

mos dan

fact music
First ever Sunday FWD

...was great. Although I am very much regretting celebrating the absence of drunk stumbly men who tread on people's toes by being.. er.. drunk and stumbly and treading on people's toes. Tequila and long island ice tea is not a winning combination :confused:

Hatcha was great, I recall. It really felt like 'one for the heads' again, it was like going back home.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
Mmm "Hotboys," Wookie mix of "Sincere," "Far East," "Jungle Infiltrator," "Terrible VIP," "Red," "Ramp," "Holiday Da Vibe".... yum!

viktorvaughn

...was great. Although I am very much regretting celebrating the absence of drunk stumbly men who tread on people's toes by being.. er.. drunk and stumbly and treading on people's toes. Tequila and long island ice tea is not a winning combination :confused:

Hatcha was great, I recall. It really felt like 'one for the heads' again, it was like going back home.

Everyone pretty much smacked it! Hope FWD isn' going to be crazy quiet now its moved to Sunday though.

Oris Jay with nice breaky garage, Hatcha and Youngsta with the tuff old skool selection and Kode9 with garage stuff at the end, people crying out for one last tune. Plus D Double E and Slimzee. :cool::cool:

noel emits

a wonderful wooden reason
Sounds great, I'll try and get along more now. Nearly went last night but already had two dubstep related nights out in a row.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Fucking screwing I left FWD early to go to Fabric and missed Kode doing a garage set :mad:

FWD was sick, someone please make them do a monthly old skool night or a regular old skool set or something... Hatcha arrrrgh... Slimzee was great, shame about the lack of MCs but enjoyed D Double when he turned up.

Those old tunes are the one- pure bass and rhythm.

Fabric was less good. Saw Blackdown and Dusk and they were heavy, Loefah was also good in an industrial kinda way... and Kode killed it as usual. But Fabric is waste, I don't care what people say...

nomos

Administrator
i'm coming back to ldn in feb. i think and i'm loving the idea of going to a couple of these sunday sessions :D very excited about about this since i wasn't keen on the friday thing from what i'd heard of it. long live fwd»

ramadanman

Dublime @ Fabric was a wicked night. Yet again great variety of music on offer. Sure, there were a few idiots there, but that's the nature of a massive club. Fabric week in week out has such good lineups - like in a few weeks there's the Detroit legends Keith Worthy and Patrice Scott playing - and that's just in 1 room!

sodiumnightlife

Sweet Virginia
last time patrice scott played room 3 it was so good. wish i was going to that night, luciano and petre inspirescu as well. I like fabric's line ups, just can't take fabric itself when its ridiculously over capacity, like the last time ricardo played.

viktorvaughn

I would still have a better time at Plastic People with 1 good DJ than Fabric with 10. They are all in different rooms anyway and you can't catch them all.

I have seduced by the line-ups before and it has never lived up to the hype. Just can't face the hassle and the cattle-shed style dancefloors.

On a PP tip -

http://dubstepforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=48594

After seeing them at FWD before I'm all about catching Disrupt and Jahtari crew.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
I have seduced by the line-ups before and it has never lived up to the hype.

I had just the opposite experience. So many people were so negative about fabric as an experience that i was totally convinced i'd hate it and have a shit time - so the fact that it was actually quite fun was a big surprise and actually made it more enjoyable in a way.

mos dan

fact music
I would still have a better time at Plastic People with 1 good DJ than Fabric with 10. They are all in different rooms anyway and you can't catch them all.

I have seduced by the line-ups before and it has never lived up to the hype. Just can't face the hassle and the cattle-shed style dancefloors.

exactly my thoughts. sorry if i dribbled incoherently in anyone's ear btw! viktor, benjy, blackdown, kode9, that goes for all of you. bring on the next (sober) sunday fwd!

great news from nomos there too. bring on riddim.ldn ;)

wonk_vitesse

radio eros
Heard Fabric was busy, The Bomb Squad thing / DMZ on saturday was busy then went really quiet, it was like Loefah vs Skream playing to about 30 of us :slanted: brilliant set anyhow, eclectic and intense. Sounds really heavy at 3rd base, it's the DMZ sound.

Mala played that funny old Count Ossie tune too.

viktorvaughn

dan/victor - but neither of you guys actually went, so...

Indeed. But I have seen Villalobos there a couple of times and Audion and Digi Mystikz last year at some point, so I have given it a good try... I'm sure Sunday was still a good night though, but I just can't face it any more.

mos dan

fact music
dan/victor - but neither of you guys actually went, so...

what you don't realise is viktor and i have been deliberately lowering your expectations so that you'd enjoy dublime more. you owe us one ben! ;)

anyway, you know we were both speaking about past experiences, you needn't be so defensive of it. glad you had fun! who was good? care to elaborate?