viktorvaughn

exactly my thoughts. sorry if i dribbled incoherently in anyone's ear btw! viktor, benjy, blackdown, kode9, that goes for all of you. bring on the next (sober) sunday fwd!

great news from nomos there too. bring on riddim.ldn ;)

Not at all mate, all about getting the Nigerian Guinesses (sadly lacking on Sunday) going and dancing in the dark.

I have a feeling I'll be going to quite a lot of Sunday FWDs. Dubstep has got a bit revitalised in my eyes recently.

Kode9 seemed sweetly baffled by all the fans at the end begging for more tunes, was quite jokes actually.

UFO over easy

online mahjong
what you don't realise is viktor and i have been deliberately lowering your expectations so that you'd enjoy dublime more. you owe us one ben! ;)

anyway, you know we were both speaking about past experiences, you needn't be so defensive of it. glad you had fun! who was good? care to elaborate?

lol, i seeee.. it just seems a shame is all!

highlights - sleeparchive was really good - surprisingly sleazy on a system all that stuff - pole was really good, dubstep wise Quest was fantastic in room 3, which is a wicked little space.. that man is a mixing machine. kode 9 was excellent as is to be expected really. nothing in room one grabbed me massively, although loefah was playing some good tunes - the sub on living different sounded great coming up through the floor (great gimmick that, haha)

UFO over easy

online mahjong
yeah i intend to give it another go when the trouble&bass gang are next in town, as i've never seen them play out, and they seem to have some exclusive contract with fabric.

yeah, a lot of people do seemingly. very restrictive.

although in the cases of certain artists i am quite thankful for that :D

UFO over easy

online mahjong
^that release is sick

those tunes have been around so long though (I think?), they have that old murky vibe cos they were written in the olden days (;))

viktorvaughn

A 2hr set from the Bug at FWD to launch his album would be very sick (and very appropriate).

I saw Saul Williams last night (pretty rubbish) but a couple of his tracks had these really staccato Alias/8-bar era grime-like clacky claps and there were some massive dubstep-py swinging basslines in there too.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
2 hours of the Bug would do my head in. In fact one hour of the Bug would do my head in.

No disrespect to his production though obviously, just can't stand his DJ sets...

Regarding dubstep being too sheeny/well produced now- I sort of agree. I mean, the best stuff out there at the moment is quite sophisticated but its a shame the pure dancefloor stuff has become so LOUD...

The only thing to do is start a new night in my living room at which DJs play tupperware dubplates of tunes knocked up in FL in 10 minutes the night before. Tempz MCing/taking coats.

tom pr

the bug's launch party is going to be him, flying lotus and kode9 w/ spaceape. early august at 3rd base - can't remember the exact date though. how great does that sound??

hucks

Your Message Here
the bug's launch party is going to be him, flying lotus and kode9 w/ spaceape. early august at 3rd base - can't remember the exact date though. how great does that sound??

A lot of great. Equally, the Flying Lotus launch thing, with Kode 9, Mala, Rustie and Hudson Mohawke sounds pretty special.

So much great stuff right now, dunno where to start

faustus

oh my days... that sounds like my ideal line-up. bet i can't get time off for it tho, working every weekend july/august :(:(

viktorvaughn

event-010608.gif

event-080608.gif

event-150608.gif

Could happily go to all of these.

Client Eastwood

was listening to the some clips of allstars v6 and its a great direction for dubstep to be taking. slighty techy, nice pads and swings. cant wait till monday to get my hands on it.